Chapter 1

This book is dedicated to -voidvaleska. I hope that you'll love this book.

   Y/N'S POV

  As I made my way through Gotham's very confusing yet nauseating sewers, I overheard two men in the middle of a very strange conversation as they seemed to only get louder instead of quieter. I quickly found a tower of boxes to hide behind.
  Thankfully, the two armed men walked by without spotting me. I leaned forward just a little bit to get a better look at their tattoos. These men had to have been from the gang that I've been trying to track down for the last few months.

  Yeah, I was actually trying to do the right thing for a change, but let's just say that I'm not known for being the heroic type.
  To the outside world, I was just a "copycat" of Catwoman or Selina Kyle as most of the world now knew her as.

  The thing was: My name wasn't Selina Kyle, so I needed them to stop comparing me to her. My suit wasn't even the same, and I definitely wouldn't call myself a fan of cats.

  Sorry Selina or cat lovers, but cats haven't been on my side since kindergarten.

  I wasn't going to tell you that story or even think about explaining it in just a couple of sentences. Let's just say, I still have a huge bruise on my stomach because of it.
  Right, maybe I should stop talking to myself. I slowly made my way up to higher ground and over to the men inside of the building nearby, before I tried to take them out as quickly as possible.

  It wasn't that hard, but I chuckled saying,"C'mon, boys, I thought you'd put up more of a fight!! If Batman were here, you'd try way harder than this."

  One smirked at me and took out a knife saying,"This isn't your type of party, woman. Just leave us alone, and we'll give you a pass this time."

  I tripped him then "accidentally" pushed him before he ran towards me. I moved to do something, but I heard what sounded like police sirens and cursed under my breath immediately.

  The men chuckled, then I heard the Commissioner say while using what could've been a megaphone,"This is Police Commissioner James Gordon. You're surrounded. Please exit the building very slowly, or we will be forced to use extreme measures to pull you out of there."

  I rolled my eyes before the men and I slowly walked out of the building.

  I opened my mouth to explain everything to Gordon, once I made it to him, but he just pushed me against the hood of the patrol car and said to me,"After all these years, I'm finally going to be able to put you back behind bars with the rest of your friends. Gotham's going to thank me tonight."

  I groaned, then I sighed saying,"Right, but I'm not even a criminal. At least, I don't want to be. I'm just...not thinking straight, I guess."

  Gordon said,"Just get in and don't make me get Batman. I hear he's been trying to find you, well keep up with you. Apparently, you two have run into each other several times."

  I blushed at the thought, but what could I say? Batman was very impressive. He had my interest. I wondered what he did in his free time. All I ever did was watch movies and try not to fall asleep while I tried to find something worthwhile.
  We made it to the GCPD in less than ten minutes, and a very large crowd full of reporters formed out of nowhere around us. It took a lot of pushing, but we eventually made it past them. I let out a sigh of relief afterwards before Gordon led me down a pretty long hallway with many individual cells.

  I spotted The Joker, and goosebumps appeared on my skin immediately after seeing that smile of his.

  If only you knew how traumatizing it was to see his smile in person.

  When Gordon led me past Harley's cell, she blew me a kiss and sent me a smile. I smiled back at her and blew her a kiss before Gordon continued to lead me down the hallway. Yeah, Harley and I knew each other. Actually, we were best friends.
  Though, I wasn't surprised that she found herself in Arkham again; especially, since The Joker was here, too. I really didn't understand why Harley was so attracted to him, but she's slowly starting to realize that she's better off on her own. The key word being "slowly."

  It didn't take long for Gordon to lead me into an old interrogation room. Then, he gently pushed me down into a cold chair. I noticed he handcuffed my wrists to the table, too.

  I rolled my eyes and said,"Is this really necessary? It's not like I could escape, no matter how tempted I am to do so."

  Gordon sat down in front of me and looked at me for several seconds, almost as if he was studying me.

  He said, after a few more moments of silence,"Why should I believe you, Y/N? It's not like you haven't escaped from worse situations. I want to keep you locked up. I want to, but I've been contacted by a friend who believes that there's some good in you."

  Gordon looked away from me, before he looked back at me saying,"I'm not sure how much trouble this is going to cause me in the future, but I'm going to see what happens. So, you're not going to be charged with anything... yet."

  I let out a sigh of relief, yet I asked Gordon,"Who's this "friend" of yours, Gordon?"

  Gordon stood up and opened the door saying,"He'll be here soon."