Chapter Nine

The morning arrived all too quickly for me. Feeling heavy boots dropped on your stomach is no way to be awaken for the day either.

Glaring up at Liz she just folded up her arms and smirked at me. Groaning I flung the warm covers off my body while sorta throwing them at her. The blankets missed their target but instead decided to fall onto the ground.

My head aches as I slipped my boots on in no time. Feeling no point in clean socks I kept last nights socks on not really caring.

"Brush that mess of hair and then come help me" again Liz threw something at me, this time a brush. Luckily I caught the damn thing. Waving the brush at her I sent her another glare.

"I better be getting paid for my day off and working" Shaking her head Liz watched my glare become a playful smile. I knew that in the books this was my day off. So working my day off would only grant Canyon a free worker.

"Skeeter is leaving early today. I wonder why?" A twisted smile crossed Liz's face as she disappeared outside. With the slamming of the screen door I let out another groan and fell back against the couch.

"What's the point?" I moaned lazily as I clutched the brush.

Although I barely cared about my appearance when I work I quickly started to comb out my blonde mess. Skeeter seemed to mess with my mind and morals as I stared at myself in the office's bathroom. My shirts where wrinkled and untucked while my jeans where dirtier then the Montana ground its self! Huffing I shrugged my green shirt on buttoning it up to the last button.

Already I could hear cars outside rumbling into their parking spots. Sighing I took that as my cue to get out of hiding. Snagging a drink out of  Liz's water bottle I headed outside.

Dale and a few crew members I had yet to work with jumped out of the yellow beater car. About to look away I caught Dale giving me a look that I use to give to the girls at my high school that I hated. Snorting I just shook my head and sent him a smirk.

Next in line and closes to me Skeeter's red Chevy came rolling in. Slamming to a stop I could already make out the poor hungover Skeeter through the window.

"Feeling alright there cowboy?" I couldn't help but chuckle as Skeeter stumbled out the door.

His hat was down lower then normal to keep out the sun and I could see sunglasses covering up his beautiful blue eyes. Frowning at the sunglasses Skeeter fell in step with me to the horses.

"Thank you by the way" his voice showed every sign of tiredness. Shaking my head I glanced over to the man who still seemed slightly drunk.

"For getting me and the boys home. And I guess for not driving my truck off either" both of us chuckled before we stopped short of the wrangler horse pen.

"I would of came and picked you up this morning if need to be" turning towards each other Skeeter flashed me his pearly whites.

"I'm sure you would have. How'd you get here though? And why you here?" Glancing around I could tell Skeeter was looking for our boss. Shrugging my shoulders I nodded towards Dale's car.

"Smoking outside and drove me back here. Plus I guess Liz wants my help for a bit" skeeter nodded as he stared at the car a little longer then me.

"Hope she doesn't want you all day. You do have a date tonight" slowly a smirk rose on Skeeter's lips. Rolling my eyes I nodded my head.

"That I do. Wish me luck with him Skeeter" with that I patted his chest and went speed walking to the corral.

"With me Elizabeth! Remember with me!" Skeeter yelled back at me making me laugh.