J͛A͛S͛O͛N͛ V

It's been about a month into Percy's residence in my house (I still don't know what to think, it's so overwhelming to have him here all the time, yet I never want him to leave my side) and my mom finally decides to tell me the big news.

"Hey Jason?" My mother called for me from the kitchen. I took out my earbuds and waited a while for her to call me again.

"Jason? Honey?" My mom calls again. There's an edge to her voice so I hastily make my way to the kitchen and sit at the kitchen counter where my mom is sat across. I watch my mom carefully as she returned the gaze.

"I swear I didn't do it." I start, earning an odd look from her. "I've heard people spreading rumours and let me tell you, they're wrong. I don't know-"

"Jason, you're not in trouble." I let out a relieved sigh.

"Should you be?"

"No." I answer immediately. "Why did you call me down then?"

"Look, I know there's no point in beating around the bush so I'm just going to tell it to you like it is. Your aunt Danni is in the hospital."

"Oh god! Why? Is she okay?" I question, worried for my old aunt.

"She's fine. Uncle Steven told me it was a heart attack and asked if I could maybe go visit them until she gets better." My mother explains, smiling at my concern.

"Is she going to get better?" I ask. She doesn't answer for a while.

"None of us can be too sure." She says, then adds, "And that's exactly why I want to leave as soon as possible."

I nod. But then I think.

"Am I- are we..." I motion to myself and upstairs to Percy.

"That's what I wanted to tell you. I have no idea how long I'm going to stay with your aunt. And I can't have you or Percy missing too much school. So,"

"You're leaving Percy and I here alone?" I infer. The thought makes me anxious and excited.

"Yes. I was hesitant about it at first but... you have both proved to me that you can hold jobs well, stay considerably average at school, and take care of the house well enough to keep it from crumbling to the ground." My mom says. I laugh and she chuckles along. I never considered Percy nor I as the responsible type, much less the responsible-enough-to-have-a-house-all-to-themselves-for-god-knows-how-long type. But even so, i was glad my aunt would be surrounded by people she cares about now. Hospitals aren't very fun.

"Alright. Are you leaving.... right now?"

"Well, I have everything packed, and my flight leaves in two hours, and it's an hour drive to the airport-"

"Oh my god! Mom! You need to go!" I exclaim starting to push her upstairs to get her stuff.

"I'm going, I'm going!" She complains playfully. "You two stay here, I'll drive myself. Percy's asleep and after last Sunday I wouldn't want to try and wake him up again." She ends with slight solemnity.

"Alright. Then get your stuff and leave." I say.

                                     ~~~
"That's everything." I tell my mom as she packs herself into the front seat.

"Are you sure the trunk won't open up accidentally? It's a lot of stuff." She asks.

"No. Now go! You're wasting time! Love you!" I nag, planting a kiss on her cheek.

"Alright. I know this is all very last minute and it's a lot of responsibility-"

"Mom," I cut her off, knowing she would go off on a sweet heartfelt tangent about how I've become such a man over the past few years and have taken up responsibility well and shit but she was gonna be late and so I needed to get her out of our driveway.

She sighs. "Alright. I love you so so much Jason. Relay the same message to Percy once he wakes up." She ends. And with that she rolls up the window, blows me one last kiss, and pulls out, turning off our street faster than is probably legal.

-------------------------------------------------------
A/N
I am fully aware I have taken up to thirty millenniums to update and this isn't even a good chapter, but I swear I'm trying to get back into the habit of this. Life is stupid and I forget that writing can really help a lot. Short a/n, ik.
Goodbye мєн ѕqυιѕнєѕ!