Chapter 9: Dinner With His Family

Joseph's POV

It's been three days since I asked Belle to go on a dinner with me and my family. Actually, bringing her to the family dinner is a good idea so she'll get the idea that I'm really serious about her and that I ain't playing games around her. These past days, we eat lunch together and I drop her off to work until yesterday cause she got her car battery fixed. Today is Friday and the dinner is tonight. I'll be picking her up at 8:00 PM. Right now I'm with my friend Zach sitting on the beach concrete walls. I love the beach.

"So bro, you really taking this to the next level." Zach opened up and took a sip from his coke can.

"Yeah, I can't wait to see her face when she finds out she got trapped in my plans." I assured him. Looking at the people surfing.

"Just don't get yourself attached though." He warned me. I know I will never get attached to her. I don't feel anything whenever I'm around her but hatred.

"Not gonna happen." I assured him back.

"So what's your plans after this is over?" He asked me.

"I'm going to follow Paulina." Simple and casual. We never had a closure if we broke up or not. But it doesn't matter because she's the only girl I want.

"I hated that bitch. No offense bro." Zach is definitely my childhood best friend but I met Paulina when we were in fifth grade. And that time, I knew I have something for her. Then sixth grade we became couples. Paulina never liked Zach because according to her he's an asshole.

"Yeah. I know." I replied. Paulina wanted me to cut my communication with Zach but I had to explain to her that he's my childhood best friend and that I couldn't just do that. She agreed but in one condition. Whenever I'm with her I will not speak of Zach or see him when we're in the middle of something and so I did. It's better than cutting my best friend off.

"I wanna stangle her bitch ass." I'm used with all the trash talks between them. At first I used to get mad whenever he talks something bad about her then I just got over it.

"Bro, I don't think I'm ever going to find someone else better than her." I reasoned out. She's the most perfect girl I have ever met besides from my mother and sister. Every guy in our school fancied her so it was tough for me to tell them to back the fuck off.

"Brother, I'm more than sure that there is someone more better than her. I would rather let you date Isabella if it weren't for your revenge bullshit." He opinioned out. Isabella isn't actually that bad. Her eyes are very expressive. Her lips are kissable. Anyways that's not the point.

"Yeah. Sure, I gotta go." Then I hopped off the wall. It wasn't that tall. Maybe 12 feet. Then I peace out with him and hop on to my car and drove off. I need to get ready for the dinner.

I came home within 30 minutes from the beach then I took a shower and chose a tuxedo to wear since this is a formal dinner. I didn't tell her that it will be in a fancy restaurant in the city. Nobody knows really how wealthy and lucky I am because I don't wanna be treated higher and get special treatment from my teacher or whatsoever. Only few people knows the status of my life. It's already 7:00 so I start my engine and head towards her house to pick her up.

It took me 30 minutes to get to her house and luckily when I told her I'm already downstairs she came after 5 minutes. When she walked out the door I was amazed. She looked gorgeous. I was captivated. She was stunning. I just smiled at her as she's walking towards my car and then I opened the passenger seat.

"You look amazingly hot." I complimented her before I start the car.

"Thank you. And you look hot with that tuxedo too." She complimented me back. Then I start the engine and pulled over.