Chapter 1: Know Him

Joseph's POV

It's been 10 years after the accident, but I can damn still remember everything. The pain, grief, and suffer is still fresh. Mom and I was just coming home from a fieldtrip. Little did I know that was my last glimpse and glance at her.

*Flashback*

"Mommmm, can we go back there again sometime, pleaseeeeeeeeeeee?" I told mom while we're on the car on the way home.

"Of course buddy, we can go back there any time you want." Mom responded with a smile while her eyes was on the road.

"Yeheeyyyyyyyyyyy, we're going back to see the dinosaurssssss." I responded with filled of joy.

"Since your dad and I are off at work this weekend, let's go with your dad." She told me, pretty assuringly.

"That will be perfect mommy." Smiles escaped my body because I really like dinosaurs.

*ring-ring*

"Hello?" My mom picked up her phone.

"Yes, that would be wonderful." She responded and she sounds content.

"Okay, thank you so much." Then after she ended the call. Pretty much satisfied with the information she received from the caller.

"Who was that mom?" I asked her in confusion.

"It's my secretary, don't worry about it, it's for my work." She said it to me while smiling.

We were about to cross the intersection when there's a sudden force that took off our car coming from the side where mom was sitting.

*End of Flashback*

"Joseph! Don't you have school today?" My dad came by without knocking on the door.

"Yeah dad, I'll be ready in a minute." Today's my first day of school.

"Okay, then come down to eat your breakfast." Then he left leaving the door wide open. You know how annoying it is when someone storms in to your room without any notification and just leave the door open?

After dad left the room, I decided to get myself up from the bed and went to my closet to choose what clothes I should wear. I'm in 2nd year of college and my name is Joseph and 20 years old. Im currently studying Architecture. My mother own hotels in the country, the headquarters is in New Jersey. My sister is managing it since I am not capable of doing it yet. My dad was a doctor but now he owns private hospitals even it's private, we do not charge big sum of money because according to dad he wanted to help those who aren't financially capable of getting medical assistance. We did not get any justice for mom's death because unfortunately, the people from the other car that hit us didn't survive as well. But I had some research and found out that they have one daughter, and she's alive, she wasn't on the car when everything went down. And I will do everything to give her the life she deserves. She deserves her life to be hell. I will make her feel the pain her family has cost me.

"Hey dad." I greeted him coming down the stairs.

"Go eat." He offered me while slicing the hotdogs.

"Alrighty." Then sat down and settle the table cloth on my lap.

"I already transferred your allowance in your account. Should be good for a week." What a good news, I mean having an allowance is like one of the things I'm looking forward for school.

"Thanks dad, you're the best!" Of course, you gotta make some gesture that will make your dad put in some more.

"What's up big bro." I have a little brother, he's couple years younger than I am. Well just two years ain't that big.

"What do you need?" I know for sure this nigga needs something. You could just tell from how they act and how they approach you.

"Could you drive me to school? Cause you know I can't drive cause I'm grounded." He often gets grounded and in trouble cause..... I don't know he's on some other shit.

"Next time, go home sober." I bet dad don't give a shit no more cause this ain't the first time he went home driving under the influence of alcohol.

"Yes, sir." He gestured like a soldier following his commanders orders.

"Okay, sure." It's not like I have a choice and Me and him has some pretty good relationship with each other.

After we ate breakfast, I dropped him first at his school then went straight ahead to my school.

So how was the first chapter? I know it's not that good but I swear I'll try to make it interesting.

Please leave your comments and also please be kind to vote ❤️❤️

08/22/16 00:21