"Oh come on," she says taking my wrist, "I'll teach you."

"Sike!" I run on to the dance floor ahead of her. The lyrics start.

"Jump up," she bounces to the music, "Jump back," I watch her go and I complete step after step. I can't look away from her. The way she gets lost in the music just does something to me. She moves making faces; just having fun. 

We turn and repeat the whole set. "See you got it." she beams at me starting to get a little fancy with her moves. Afterward we head back over to the bar and take our seats.

"Another, please," Rosi says as she sits down.

"Rosi, are you sure you can have another?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." She giggles, " I got this!" The glass is set in front of her, she takes a sip and then sets it down. "Why do you call me Rosi anyway?"

"You...you don't know?" I laugh.

"No. Tell me." She watches me, swirling her drink.

"Because of your last name and how rosy your cheeks get when you're cold or embarrassed." I smile. She didn't question the nickname these years until now? She smiles, blushing as her face turns a bright pink.

"There it is!" I exclaim, pointing at her. She punches me playfully.

"Shut up!" She laughs almost falling off her stool. I send my arm out to catch her but she steadies herself.

"You ok?"

"Yeah," she pauses swallowing. "I'm good."

"Good." The music changes again and I step of my stool. I look in her direction, "You comin'?"

She nods stepping down.  We make our way to the middle of the floor as the music changes.  Laylani's eyes light up.

"What?" I question, smiling with her. She moves to the music, back and hips rousing her God given rhythm. She picks up the tempo and I recognize the dance from the reunion .

"Teach me." I pick up her rhythm, mirroring her movements. She ushers me forward and as I grow nearer she slows down. As I take her in my arms positioning my left leg between her's, she moves my hand to her lower back holding my other hand up with hers. When the beat picks up again she rests her face against the side of mine guiding me across the floor. Our bodies are only centimeters apart when I draw circles on her back with my fingertips as Romano did. Laylani body rolls against me before straightening up and then changing direction.

"You're getting it," she says, a smile tugging as the seam of her full lips.

"Well of course, I'm I do have the best teacher." I turn her around and continue the basic step, my chest centimeters from her back. Her heat makes my heart race. She seems to step back into me as she turns her head, her hair brushing my face. I get pushed into her. She gasps in surprise as she body rolls against me and I find myself smiling.

______

"Hey Rosi," I start fumbling for her keys, "Which key is it?" I say trying to keep the syllables of my words in order. She leans is against the wall, barely standing.

"The blue one," she hiccups as I open her apartment door. She walks in turning on the light as she slips off her heels I walk in behind her and close the door. She laughs.

"So this is your place," I say looking around at the designs, fashion paraphernalia and paintings on her walls. The living room and kitchen are filled with modern appliances and furniture. "It's nice," I say turning around in the kitchen in search of a glasses.