I followed my same path from last night, going down the stairs, at the same tip toe silence. The lounge was empty but I heard noise coming from the kitchen so I followed it, hearing Anna's unmistakeable laughter.

I pushed open the door, taking in the scene. The kitchen was huge, all fresh new wooden cupboards with black marble bench tops. The expensive looking stove and various appliances around. There was a small dining table where Chelsea and Anna sat along with the kitchen stools at the island counter. The room was painted in a light brown, like chocolate dairy milk brown, while the window panels were white. And then I realised...windows.

Outside was lush paddocks and trees all lining up on the big driveway before it turned circular, a massive tree in the centre. I was pulled out of my gaze when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I looked at the woman who was around my height, with those same brown eyes as Kian, only softer. Her creamy complection was a gorgeous contrast to her brown hair, only a few greys on the sides.

"Hello dear," she said warmly. "I'm Linda, Kian, Joe's and Pierce' mother... do you want some breakfast?"

I nodded slowly and went to sit down next to Chelsea at the table. She looked like she'd had a shower too, her hair shone in the sunlight that came in through the window. I felt like I was in a daze, last night left me feeling blank that I couldn't even be bothered breaking the window and making a run for it.

"Sleep well?" Anna asked me conversationally.

I just stared at her until she dropped her head back to her cup of whatever she was drinking. It felt like as soon as I had exited the bathroom, reality had struck again. I didn't want to talk.

A plate of two pancakes, some bacon and eggs were placed in front of me, with a glass of orange juice. I stared at it for a few minutes before cutting a small piece of the pancake off and chewing. I felt like a robot, doing things automatically.

Chelsea was just as silent as me, mushing food around on her plate while Anna and Linda talked about decorating the house for Christmas.

I got through one pancake, and I didn't want to eat anything else. I put my fork down and moved my plate away from me, folding my arms and staring out the window. I felt like I was in a trance like state.

I saw a big red four wheeled drive roll up the drive and around the tree before it stopped, in front of the entrance. When Pierce got out, I saw Chelsea lift up her head, a smile forming across her face before she frowned at herself and replaced it with a scowl, scratching at her mark...which looked a hell of a lot different now. Next to the P was the start of two animal ears...

Chelsea looked at me and shook her head, sighing before she looked back out the window. I followed her gaze, and felt my own heart lurch, and my own mark burn up when Kian slid out, his boot clad feet hitting the ground, his faded blue jeans not hugging his legs, but not puffing around to much either. The black tight shirt he wore, tucked into his jeans and belt only defined the obvious muscle he had.

I nearly fell off my chair when I realised he had a haircut, short around his head instead of the strands that had reached his ears. He'd shaved as well. He was so damn good looking...I mentally slapped myself. I then realised why Anna had frowned.

I stared back at the table before our gazes could lock as he lifted his head up. I did not need to stare at him any more then I had to.

The front door opened and closed again. And Locked. Keys jingled, cabinets closed, and those cabinets were locked. I felt myself deflate once more.

Why was it as soon as he came back, I had the guts to smash the window and run?

I had really bad timing on bravery.