Chapter Eight

I tossed and turned on my bed as I tried my very best to fall asleep.

But how could I, when all that I see as I close my eyes was the time when we were back in the piano room, with his cold fingers over mine?

I tried again, to sleep, and gave up in frustration.

I shot out of my bed and walked into the night air.

I walked further in, as my bare feet touched the cold, yet refreshing grass.

It felt great. My body too, seemed to relax to the stormy wind that gushed past me.

Before I could walk even more, I stopped as I saw someone seated a few metres away from me, staring up at the stars.

It was Jonathan.

"Hey" I called out as I too, walked up to him and sat on the green mat.

He looked at me in amusement for a second before nodding in realisation.

"You must be Emily" he said with a smile.

I heard Jane's melancholy voice from inside my head.

'He forgets....'

"Y-yes" I replied hesitantly.

"Jane always talks about you." He said as his smile widened.

"Did she tell you that I don't kind of trust you?"

I asked mischievously.

He laughed playfully at that.

"Nah. I figured it out myself" he continued with his cheerful smile, that made me almost smile.

We both kept on staring at the sky that was filled with thousands of stars.

I sighed softly.

It's been like a few days since I've been in  this world that I once had nothing to do with.....but now.....had everything to do with.

I've attached myself to them so much that I didn't even know what's real and what's not.

"Emily, why don't you go in now, because it's going to get really cold out here" He said, without taking his eyes off the sky.

I stood up, as what he said was true.

"I will."

Without giving it much thought, I walked up to him, and patted his head before saying,

"She loves you, you know. Promise me that you will take care of her"

He turned his head to face me. A serene look written all over it.

"I know that. I promise."

"Well, to tell you the truth, I think I kind of trust you now"

I said sternly.

He laughed again.

"You don't know how happy I am. It's like I've gotten permission from her dad to marry her" he said murthfully, making me laugh softly at it.

*****

Days passed by unknowingly, making me feel lonelier than ever.

Jane who seemd to dissappear at once, was never there when I came to see her.

And when she was there, she didn't even open her door for me, saying that she was teribbly sick. Not once had I seen her through these few weeks.

And so wasn't him.

'Emily, breakfasts ready" called out Ms Heather from the door way.

I didn't bother to answer her just like in the old days.

But now, the case was different.

The feelings I had now weren't anger but confusion mixed with sadness.

Did I do anything to hurt Jane?

Was she tired of having a friend who wasn't supportive?

"Emily,?" I heard her say again, interrupting my heap of thoughts.

"Hm?" I finally murmured.

"You haven't drunken your pills yet" she said giving me a toothy smile.

I nodded and waited till she was out of site before dumping all of them in the trash can.

Those pills were of no use. Especially, I wasn't ready to have another disgusting taste in the mouth as well as in the heart.

*****

That night, I knew that I had enough of this loneliness and silence.

And that's when I decided to go to the piano room, and practice that song we once played.

The white keys felt so soft under my touch.

I travelled both my hands on top of them and pressed random notes until I thought I was ready to recall the notes which were once played while I was weak.

I played parts of the song for awhile, like that, and spent the whole night, trying my best to play it from the start to finale.

My eyes remained closed as I sent my fingers smoothly over the keys, enjoying that fascinating feeling that sturd from the insides of me.

This sad song which was once his, became my own private way of conversing too.

-To be continued

A/N- gosh I'm worn out now.

I've written more than six chapters in two days.

Yey for me.

*Sighs heavily before collapsing*