Chapter Seven

In that very second, it felt as if i've lost it all.

Anna, had died? I wanted to scream. Cry. Roll over.

Never had I felt this way.

This helpless.

I know, I didn't have such moments with her to feel so lost, but still....... it felt like we both knew each other from a long time.

If I would've come earlier, I could've saved her. I don't know how, but there would've been a chance....

I walked back into her room and saw a nurse making her bed.

"Did you know the girl who was on this bed?" She asked while she folded the old bed sheet.

I nodded using all my might.

I knew her and yet failed to save her...

She smiled sympathetically at me. For the first time, I thought I deserved it.

"Don't worry. She seemed so happy even in her death bed when we found her dead last night"

"At what time did she die" I asked softly.

"Around 8"

My heart beat quickened.

That was the time when I left her after singing her that song.

"We all knew that she didn't have much time.... she heard it too when the doctors said that she was to die on that day. I tell you, she's such a brave girl" the nurse continued.

She knew she was gonna die?

'Can you be there for me, tomorrow?'

I shut my ears with both my hands and dashed out of the room running as far away as my weak legs could take me.

Without realising, I was standing in front of the piano room. His piano room.

But it didn't matter anymore.

I jerked the door open and slammed it behind me as I let myself fall on to the ground and allow the hidden tears to roll down freely.

It felt great. I never knew that it could feel this good to cry than to have them all crammed inside your heart.

"I know what you want" I tilted my head and saw him standing in front of me.

"Leave me alone"

I said as I buried my face in my hands.

"I don't know why you're sad. But I do know how to stop it"

"Go away....please" I begged with my eyes closed.

And that's when I heard him play the same melody  that once freaked me out.....but wasn't anymore.

It was epic.

All my sorrows seemed as if they were said in music, instead of words.

Instead of asking him to leave again all that escaped my lips was,

"Teach me "

He stopped playing and came towards me.

Before I knew it, I was in his arms as he took me and placed me on the stool next to him.

I tried to protest, but couldn't as it felt like the only safest place in the world.

I know. I've gone crazy.

It felt weird.

This was the first time I'd got really close to a boy.

His face was next to mine and was seperared by a lose hair strand while his breath was falling on my neck making my slow heart, rise and fall in a way I had never felt.

We played the whole song. My eyes were closed the whole time as his cold fingers guided my fingers gently through the the white keys as if we were ball room dancing

It was relaxing and refreshing.

I wanted to stay like this all day....all night-

"Now I'll leave" he simply said in my ears, pulling his arms away from me.

Wait.

I've just started to get the hang of it, and now he's going away?!

I watched as he walked through the door without even bothering to glance back.

Don't leave me. Please.

*****

I slowly looked around, the place I was.

It was cold. Very cold.

Where am I?

Even though I tried to look through the mist, it still seemed unclear and hollow.

Am I....dreaming?

I don't know.

I tried to lift my leg to step forward but my legs felt like they were glued to the place.

Yes. It's a dream.

I mean in dreams; you're hardly able to move or speak.

But surprisingly, this dream was different.

Wih a lot of trying, I was able to lift my leg.
I moved my leg around till it felt the ground.
But it didn't.

At once, the mist that blocked my vision, cleared away making me gassp in horror.

No.

I was standing at the edge of something really high.

One step, and I'd be dead before I ever know it.

"Emily, get down" a voice threatened from behind me.

I wanted to turn my head and see who it was, but once again I had lost control over my body.

I was in the watch-only mode.

"Don't be stupid" I heard him say again.

What's he telling?

No-what am I doing?

"You're going to regret it" he said again. His voice, so intimidating.

"Who are you?"

This time it wasn't his voice. Instead it belonged to a girl.

The voice seemed farmiliar- wait.

It was me. I was the one who talked right now.

"Why don't you see for yourself" he said again.

I realised that I was smirking.

Damn, I sound lonely and cold  in my dreams too.

"Tch. You're wasting my time" My body spoke.

I want to see his face.

"No. I'm saving it." He said, rather adamantly.

I felt myself rolling her eyes and.......

She just let go of her grip by which she had been holdibg on to, making her body and my mind in it, to fall into the early night.

And at that moment I realised that I have committed a crime by killing my own self.