Chapter Three

I stared at the brown eyed girl that looked as pale as a ghost, staring back at me.

Was I given a second chance to live?

I've woken up in the same room I woke up yesterday which means that it wasn't a dream.

I splashed some water on to my face and dressed in another blue stripped hospital wear.

There was a slight knocking on the door, and the doctor arrived to check on me.

"Emily, how are you feeling now?" he asked as he placed some bottles on the bedside table.

"Fine" I said nonchalantly.

"Good. I need you to drink two pills from each of these bottles" he said while pointing at them.

I gulped heavily.

The pills of course were the same old disgusting ones.

"Miss. Jenny, please make sure she drinks them" He said to the nurse who was taking down notes next to him.

After the doctor went, I decided to go to Jane's room as there wasn't much for me to do.

Heck, what's wrong with me? I couldn't even imagine how I spent most of my life doing nothing when now, I couldn't even lay alone jobless for a minute.

****

Her room was smaller than mine. Mostly seemed empty.

I walked further in and saw a board hanging over her bunk bed, reading,

Schitzophenia.

As I've heard, those patients-

"I hear voices" a whisper rang from behind me, that tickled the sides of my neck.

I turned around and saw Jane wearing a far away expression.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I let go of the board.

She smiled weekly at me as she sat on her bed and ushered me to do the same.

"Nothing in particular." She shrugged.

"I hear unfamiliar voices calling out my name"

She took my hands in her lap and started fidgeting with it.

"Aren't I pathetic?" She asked in a soft voice , as she tilted her head to look into my eyes.

I shook my head lightly and she once again started playing with my fingers.

"Not just voices, I see colors too"

I looked into her green eyes which were sparkling in thought and in something I didn't know.

She leaned in next to me and whispered in my ears,

"He looked golden"

With that, she ran out of the room giggling wildly leaving me trapped in her own words.

Who was this 'he' anyway?

Who ever that person was, I better find out.
I mean, dream or not, I'd have to keep an eye on my friend. Right?

***

Darkness engulfed the hallways as I laid awake staring at the walls.

Moments ago, I was fond of the dark.....but now.....all I seemed to do now is run away from it.

All these time have I lived a hallucination or was I now?

I didn't know.

A chill ran down my spine when suddenly, a familiar melody came from the outside of my room.

Yes. It was the very sound I heard before I died.

I slowly slid out of my bed and emerged into the lighted hallway.

Unlike before, I didn't know anything about this place so I took a huge breath and made up my mind to follow the sound.

****

I was standing in front of a large ork door where a barely audible melody was playing.

I placed my hand on the door knob and jerked it open only to find a pitch black room.

I stepped in.

There stood a grand piano at the end of the huge room, glistening under the shades that were casted by the moonlight.

The song was soft and melancholy that almost made me want to cry out of reason.

I cleared my throat quietly.

"What are you playing?" I asked in a voice not higher than a whisper.

He kept on playing as if I weren't there.

"I've heard it before, when-" the playing stopped abruptly.

He stepped out of the dark shades making it easy for me to make-out his face. A raven haired boy with two penetrating blue eyes stared back at me.

I took a step backwards.

"No you haven't." His voice was a cold stab.

I winced.

Till date, no one had ever dared to out stand me in words.

I opened my mouth- but he brushed past me like the cold wind which was burning in my heart- not giving me a chance to retrieve.

Who exactly was he?

-To be continued