Chapter 1

0402 hours*
Petawawa military base**

The siren went off 2 minutes ago. We have 1 hour to get ready and training starts at 0500 hours sharp. It takes us about 15 minutes to get all of our gear on, then we have about 30 minutes to get our food and eat it followed by an other 15 minutes to go to the bathroom again if needed and go out side. It is not acceptable to be late so I get dressed and run down the stairs. We sleep in BARRACKS and I am on the second floor so there is often a crowd going down the stairs which means that I will have to eat even faster than usual to get on time. The fact that I am a girl and girls are not very welcome because General Lakewood is sexist, makes it even worse if I am 4 seconds late. He thinks that all girls are weak and should not be in the army. Fucking Asshole.

For breakfast I take 5 pancakes and 2 eggs with 2 toasts. I need to eat a lot because training isn't going to be easy and I need all of the energy I can have.

Out side the drill instructor is waiting with a speech ready for us.

Our drill instructor usually started a rant before starting the day.
"Before I start this speech remember to ALWAYS address me as "SIR", and never disrespect me or any others from a higher rank than you. Basic training will teach you a new way of life. It may be the most demanding experience you will have ever had and requires hard work and perseverance. The more prepared you are, the better able you will be to meet the physical demands of basic training. Will you all give it your best?"

Most of us knew better on how to answer so we answered with the same response as almost every day.
"YES SIR YES"

The drill instructor kept on talking .
"Even if your grandma dies will you still come to training? And works even harder that usual?"

As always we replied with our usual answer.
"Yes Sir yes"

Drill instructor wanted us to scream. Make our throats burn. YELL. Let the world know that we understand.
"What was that ?!"

"YES SIR YES"
Is the only answer that a smart person would use to reply with.

Drill instructor:
"No mater what happens the most important thing is training now. I will not tolerate slackers."

Damn and he who sounded nice and understanding at the first part of the speech...I don't know if I like this new drill instructor.

Drill instructor:
"We will start with daily training. For the new ones here this is what it is: every day will start at 0500 hours and end at 2300 hours. Each training day consists of physical training, marching, classes and practical sessions on a variety of military subjects."

The not so smart newbie beside me decided to open his mouth.
"SHIT those are long days!"

Uh ooooh, that guy is soooo dead.

Drill instructor:
"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU SAY?! DID YOU FUCKING INTERRUPT ME?! I DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE FACT THAT YOU ARE NEW, YOU SHOULD ALWAYS KNOW THAT YOU NEVER DISRESPECT A SOLDIER THAT IS IN A HIGHER RANK THAN YOU."

Or a person in a lower rank. You don't disrespect anybody here.

Drill instructor:
"Go run 5 laps around us. And hurry the hell up. If I see a jog you will do 5 more laps. RUN"

"Field exercise is what we will start with today. Field exercises focus on skills that you all need, such as weapons firing, map and compass use, and marches of various lengths in full combat gear. "

Not a single change in the program since last year.

Drill instructor: We will all run to the shooting range.