f o r t y - o n e

M I C H A E L

Oh dear god what the fuck have I done now. I groan to myself, my breath stinking like last night's bottle of vodka. Waking up in Niall's front room hung over from the night before was never a good sign.

I looked over at the clock on the far side of the room, half past eight. I subtly remember Niall asking me to leave before he left in the morning, although I wasn't sure what time that was exactly.

Sitting up I take in the room around me, my head spinning like crazy and my mouth dryer than the Sahara desert. "Clara?" I swallow looking at this perfect woman standing in front of me

"Don't Michael" she hisses, her face cold and filled with no emotion

"Please"

"I've given you one too many chances, you'll never change, go and live your life with Leah. The woman who you lost me to. So get your things and get your pathetic ass out of here"

"Me and Leah aren't together. I thought you'd like to know"

"I don't care if you're with her or not with her. I'm trying to get over you Michael why is it so hard for you to leave me now?" her eyes pleading with me for an answer, one which I simply couldn't give her.

I've never seen Clara like this before in my entire life, taking her away from the environment we put her in has truly brought her out of her shell, and I was glad of it. And without a word I leave her. I knew she would be far more happy without me always lurking in the background. As much as I hated to say goodbye to this woman I loved so dearly, I know now I have to let her go.