Chapter 2:

Polina's POV:

'Beauty queen of only eighteen she

Had some trouble with herself

He was always there to help her, she

Always belonged to someone else

I drove for miles and miles ..'

SMACK!

Note to myself: Don't use depressing songs as the alarm.

After having a minute full of grumpiness because the fact that my bed is basically begging me to lay back and enjoy it's wonders and me as the stupid girl I am want to not be late for the fist day to school ,excitement slowly starts to build inside me.

The fist day of university has been my dream since I was 14 or something. I always thought that it was going to be spectacular, fabulous. That I am going to have a new start, which I do. Although, I don't feel like it's going to be that epic.

Anyways, after the 10 additional minutes I spent sitting on my bed and questioning my existence I decided to get ready. So, after brushing my teeth , eating and putting on some blue jeans, a light gray shirt that I topped with a blue sweater and some white sneakers I was ready to go.

* * *

''I swear to God, he was such an asshole, it was my beer!'', the drunk 50-year-old sitting beside me on the train exclaimed.

''Masha is going nuts right now. Women! CAN'T A MAN WATCH SOME HOKEY AND LIVE HIS LIFE'', he slurred and I was quick to try and keep him quiet, otherwise they would kick him out of the train.

''What is your name? Masha?'', he laughed.

''It's Polina.'', I smiled.

''Nikolay Markavich Vladimirovich!'', pointed one finger in the air and tried to stand up, while proudly saying his name. I successfully pulled him down.

''Oh God Mr. Vladimirovich. You need to get home safely, your wife, Masha, must be worried''

''You're right!-'', he stood up as the bus stopped and the doors opened. ''-Masha is used to this though. My fatty she always takes care of me. Bye princess!'', he stumbled and waved with his hat towards me. He was a good man, I could tell.

''Bye Mr. Nikolay. Be safe!''.I mouthed , but I don't think that he understood in the state he was in.

Well, this is me making friends guys! I laughed to myself.

* * *

It's time Melina, your time, I whispered as I stepped into the building.

The hall was so crowded with other students. Guys joking around about how excited they are for the football championship to start, girls complimenting each other on their outfits. Others running after professors in order to make a good first impression.

''Your skirt looks bomb girl!''

''Mr professor remember me? I was sitting in the very back of the class last year and you...''

The walls were coloured with a beautiful faded purple. Posters of Russian sayings, war/religion/tradition themed paintings and biographies of the most important historic individualities. On some walls though sheets of advertisements or partied were stacked not daring though to come close to the important posters.

'We are back in hell'-Welcoming party at 1 am. .....

''Just like fire!''- Street racing competition 4 am. ....

Tonight the famous monster of boxing is coming to make us loose our minds again! The best of the best. The killer boxer...

I couldn't finish reading when the upset and annoyed looking cleaning lady started ripping the small posters off, leaving the walls kind off naked and just dull.

I was so focused on the last advertisement that I didn't notice the bell ringing. I then quickly looked on my daily programme and rushed towards the lab. Inorganic chemistry for now. Oh by the way I am studying Chemistry.

* * *

Halfway through the last period I was reminded why Mathematics are not my favourite subject. So boring and difficult.

RIIIINGG!

YES!

Maths screw you!!!!!

* * *

After basically eating the whole restaurant of sushi with the waitress giving me the 'How do you eat so much' look and me returning that look with a 'Shut up bitch' look, I headed to the bar.

When I entered the same sound of little bells sounded because of the door accessories, the same Julia was sitting on the stool and the same Ivan with the exception of a now dark purple sweater which was much more thin and loose on his, let's be realistic, fit body hanging on his body, was flirting with Julia.

By the way are her lips fake? Random but honest. Sorry!

This time he didn't ignore me. Actually to the sound of the little bells he turned to look at me, and seemed to walk towards me ....

but he actually say another guy asking for a drink. Is he seriously ignoring me? Really? Fine!

I sat there for half an hour not ordering anything not moving just straight up looking at him with an emotionless look. Julia eventually decided that siting in a bar is not the most important thing in her life , picked up her pretty ass and left.

And then, ladies and gentlemen the infamous Ivan decided to pay attention to the poor university student.

''Poor? Your sweater today says otherwise.''. Did I say that out loud? Oh God...

''You seem to have a sweater fetish, am I right?''

He smirked and then poured a yellow-y drink and gave it to me.

''Enjoy. It's my favourite. So what's up with ya Polina?''

And then we had a long conversation about why sweaters are better than pullovers and why he was working at a bar and I was studying chemistry in Moscow.

....

''Well, P your life seems pretty boring to me. Spice it up!'', he moved his hands as if he was dancing.

''How? Get myself drunk and go to the most fun place I have been recently...the sushi restaurant?''

''No. Turn around, notice that everyone is basically left and let me take you to a boxing competition today, right now.''. That's actually when I noticed that everyone left and it was 23:03 o'clock.

''But I have to wake up early tomorrow and go to the uni...''

''One time, and then you will see, you will love your university even more after having some fun'', he then moved his eyebrows up and down and stepped back as if telling to trust him.

''How do you expect me to trust you?'', I put my elbow on the counter.

''If I wanted to help you Mel I would have poured a magic powder in your drink got you drunk, taken you to my apartment and had sex with you while you were sleeping by now'', he said that as if it was a poem he new by heart.

''-Which is not my intention, but it happens with girls. The struggles of a hot guy'', he continued.

''Let's go.'', I said.

He smiled, jumped out of the bar, put his arm around me, winked and guided me towards his blue classic car ,which was parked messily in the front door.

When I got into the car and sat on the leather creamy colored seats I turned towards him and asked.

''So who is fighting tonight?''. The by now familiar to me smirk appeared on his lips. Was that humor in his eyes?

''The Beast.'', he said as he pressed the gas harshly and we drove off.

Unexpected Cravingsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें