Epilogue

Phil's POV

70 years later

      "I want to let you know that it'll get better. Just keep fighting, no matter how hard it gets. You're going to be okay. I promise."

      It sure did get better. My life was crazy, a total mess, until one day, about forty years ago, it just stopped being so chaotic.

      So much has happened in my life but the friendship I had with Dan Howell was something I never forgot. Our relationship was so complicated and then one day we met at the park where we would usually meet up and he told me about how much he loved me, how he'd always be there for me, how things would get better.

      And then he disappeared.

      I have no idea what happened to him. All I know is that I never saw him again after that day. 

      That was probably the strangest thing that's happened in my life.

      I don't have much time left. I'm eighty-eight now. It's getting harder and harder to do normal tasks.

       It's been fun being alive. Even though most of my life can't be described by the word "fun", I've learned so much over the years and I wouldn't trade my life for anyone else's.

       The End

       --

       A/N: It's over, and a lot shorter than I thought it would be. 

      Sorry about that.

      I hope you enjoyed this story, thank you so much for reading it. It means a lot to me.