Part Four

Killian's POV

What the hell was I thinking? She will never trust me if she thinks I'm trying to just use her. I don't want her to think that. I could tell that she was just leaning against the door on the other side, but if she opens the door, and sees me out here, she will definitely think I'm a creep.

I went to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of rum. I unscrewed the lid and took a sip. Maybe Emma and I weren't meant to be. Maybe it was just meant to be one sided. That she would never feel as I do. Maybe my head was just up in the clouds. I could always wait another century for my True Love.

Three Months Later...

I told Emma about my past in the Navy and about Liam and Milah. I even told her why I became the Dark One. In return, she told me about her life in her parents' castle. She said that while she loved Graham, she didn't want him to be king. She told me that Regina had been trying to ruin her life ever since she was born, and it was all because of her mother, Snow White.

Over those three months, Emma and I have been growing closer. She was no longer afraid of me, and she trusted me again. I couldn't tell if she was starting to have feelings for me or not, but my feelings had done nothing but grow for her. I found myself nervous every time I was around her and I was always afraid that I was going to mess up what I was saying and make a complete fool out of myself. But, each time I did, she would giggle and call me an idiot, but it wouldn't matter. Her giggle was the best piece of music I had ever heard. Her smiles could light up the world itself. I could feel my dark heart healing with every passing minute that I was with her, and it was all because of Emma. I knew I was changing and she was the one that was making me change.

But, with that happiness, I could sense she was in pain. She missed her family a lot. I could hear her cries throughout the castle at night. Her magic would go haywire and would make the hallway brighten. The fire from the torches would grow if the night was particularly bad. I hated the fact that she wouldn't talk to me either. She was probably afraid that I was going to lock her in the dungeon again.

This morning, Emma hadn't come out of her bedroom at all. The entire castle was glowing, and I knew that today was a very bad day for her. I knew a way to cheer her up, but it had to be absolutely perfect. The only way to make sure that it was, was to visit Queen Snow White and King David.

Emma's POV

Today was my mother's birthday, and it pained me that I couldn't be with her to celebrate it. The entire kingdom would be in celebration and I was going to have to miss it.

I locked myself away in my room, not even wanting to see Killian. At times, he would brighten my mood, but on the other hand, he was the one who put me here and had taken me away from my family.

There was a knock at my door and I sat up. I wiped my eyes, and called for Killian to come in.

Killian's POV

I went to the King and Queen's castle and let myself in. I expected the castle to be in a joyful mood. But, all the servant's heads were down. The guards weren't trying to restrain me. In fact, there weren't even any guards at all.

I went around the castle looking for the King and Queen, and ended up finding them in their throne room.

"Is this a bad time?" I asked. Snow White and David's heads shot up. David drew his sword and pushed his wife behind him.

"What else do you want from us? You've had Emma for three months already, sending the entire kingdom into a depression."

I batted the sword down. "I've come for something else, actually. A recipe."