Part Two

Killian's POV

Emma decided to stay with me the next day. She was looking around my great room while I practiced my sword fighting with a practice dummy. Every now and then, I'd catch her looking at me, but I didn't say anything. As I pushed myself harder, more sweat rolled down my face and made my hair come out of its hold. It would fall in front of my face, and it didn't matter how often I pushed it back, it always fell forward again.

I heard footsteps in the hallway outside of the great room, and I knew that I should hide Emma without her knowing I was doing so.

"Lass, why don't you go and prepare something for the both of us for lunch?" I asked. She smiled and nodded. But with that smile, I saw a hint of confusion. She disappeared into the kitchen and I waved my hand, and the two huge doors opened.

I was surprised to see The Evil Queen come in in her huge black and purple skirts. Her long hair curled and pinned up on the side of her head.

"Hook, I'm looking for someone," she began.

"Aren't we all?" I mumbled under my breath.

"She's the Princess of Misthaven. She destroyed my army yesterday and I need her out of the picture if I'm ever going to get my revenge."

"What makes me think I'm going to help you?"

"I can give you whatever you want."

"Nice offer, but I'm going to have to pass. I'm not in the mood to be making deals today. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to practice my battle skills."

I whacked the wooden dummy some more until Regina left. She vanished in a cloud of smoke and I finally put my sword down.

Emma's POV

I heard her voice. Regina. Rage and fear bubbled up in my chest at the same time. I heard her talking with Hook, and I heard how he wasn't telling her that I was here. Why? What did Hook even want from me?

I came back into the great room with sandwiches. I used whatever I could find, but it was a lot to pick from. There was a lot of space and food in the kitchen.

I put the plate down onto the table and Hook looked up at me as I did. I went over to the window and looked down. There was a beautiful ship bobbing up and down on the ocean waves. I gathered that that was the Jolly Roger. It had huge white sails, but that was all I could make out of it. I was too far away to see more of it.

"She's a magnificent ship," Hook said from behind me. I turned around and looked at him.

"I've never been on a real pirate ship before."

"I'll take you one day."

The Gods knew I was going to be here for awhile. But once Hook got tired of me, I'd be killed or cast away to a fate nobody could imagine. My parents were never going to see their daughter again, and this was all my fault.

"What are you thinking about, love?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Nothing." I felt the familiar burning sensation in my hands, and I quickly hid them behind my back.

"Then you should at least eat something," He said and held out a plate with a sandwich on it. When I didn't take it, he cocked his eyebrow at me. "Emma? Take the food."

"I uh, can't."

"Why not?"

I clenched my hands into fists. "I have to go." I started to head for the door, but I felt his fingers wrap around my wrist. The next thing I knew, a blinding white light knocked Hook backwards and he crashed into the wall. I gasped and covered my mouth with my hands in shock. "I'm sorry." I then ran away.