Chapter Eight: Spilled Truths, Tears and Blood

~(Y/n) POV~

"Are you okay?" Natsu asked, looking worriedly into my eyes.

"Holy-" I pushed off his shoulder, back flipping out of his arms.

Falling out of the sky, I heard him yell something at Happy, then come flying after me. I rolled into the landing, then continuing my momentum sprang up and sprinted through the night. The air was chilling and I was quite tired, but the sound of wings and crashing branches from behind spurred me forward.

I had no idea why he had saved me, a murderer. Hadn't he been the one who caught sight of me and turned in my identity? My mind was racing, I couldn't understand it.

The trees thinned and I burst out of the forest, running as hard as I could. The cool breeze blew across the open field and the grass swayed peacefully, but the sound on my heavy breathing brought about an aspect of horror. I realized if I didn't lose them, I would have to kill them.

The thought was awful, for even though I hadn't known them long, I still knew them. I never had any kind of relationship with any of my victims. At least I tried not to anyways. There were of course a few exceptions. Like the man who's blood glittered in a bottle in my bag. Luckily I had left that in a safe place. As all these thoughts rushed through my mind, the sounds of the two behind me grew steadily louder.

Somthing heavy crashed into me, then I was on the ground. A large, muscular body lay on top of my, it's arms around my waist. He was breathing heavily, his breath warm against my cool skin.

"Don't move." Natsu whispered, commandingly.

"Get off me! I'll kill you Natsu Dragneel!" I squirmed underneath his weight. I had more skill and technique then him, but his weight overpowered me.

"Shut up, I just saved your ass," He added, annoyed.

"Aye," Happy chimed.

"I don't have a damn clue why. Unless it's because you're a fucking idiot," I scoffed, glaring at the ground below me.

"Listen, I don't care what they say. I know you didn't kill all those people! You're better then that!" He yelled earnestly, his body temperature rising slightly.

"You don't know a goddamn thing about me, you thick bastard!" I felt my eyes start to sting.

"I know you wouldn't kill those people! You're not a monster!" My heart clenched in agony, and tears began to pool in my eyes. Silence filled the air, the only sound to be heard was our breathing.

"One hundred and forty people." I said slowly, hearing my voice shake. My shoulders began to tremble.

"What..?" Natsu asked slowly.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

My tears fell, landing quietly in the dirt.

"One hundred and forty people Natsu... I've killed one hundred and forty men, women and children." I said even slower, my voice starting to shake more violently.