Chapter 7

"Can I see your wings?" Corey asked.

Panuleon put down the book which he was attempting to read with a funny frown. He turned and casually linked his fingers together, thought was vibrant on his expression.

"The last time you saw them properly, you fainted."

Corey felt a little embarrassed, but it was also a reasonable reaction. He could have freaked out and attacked him although, he is not that kind of person. He gets far too overwhelmed before any defensive reactions jump-start his small body.

"Yes but, I wasn't expecting you to have... wings. I didn't know angels existed," He mumbled and sat back down on his bed.

Panuleon walked over and wondered if it was a good idea. It was strange enough for him to be so open about who he was with a human. He had always been sworn to secrecy. Keeping his identity hidden was often deemed the most important thing for them to worry about.

Just then, there was a knock on the bedroom door and it started to open without permission. Panuleon panicked alongside Corey before jumping forwards. Quickly, he laid down by the side of his bed and away from view.

"Don't stay up too long son because it's getting late and we're going to bed," Richard beamed while looking around his room.

"I won't." Corey was hoping his dad would stay where he was. He was trying so hard to look as normal as possible but his heart was almost jumping out of his chest. He knew he looked flustered.

"Your bedroom is nice and tidy," He spoke, making his son nod.

Panuleon was trying to make himself invisible but he couldn't calm his mind.

"Goodnight," Corey hoped his bluntness would make his dad leave.

"It's nice to see some floor space for a change, night." Richard shut the door behind him with a frown. His son seemed rather agitated today and on edge.

Panuleon stood up when Corey let out the breath he didn't realise he was holding.

"Are you positive I can stay? I would hate to be in the way." The angel asked while sitting on Corey's bed. He enjoyed how comfortable it was, but humans needed a soft place to sleep as some slept for a very long time.

"It's totally fine, you're not in the way," He chuckled. "I just can't tell my parents because they wouldn't let you stay. You're safer here anyway, right?"

"I am, Thank you." Panuleon was feeling very grateful.

Corey forgot about seeing his wings before jumping off the bed.

"We can have a look downstairs now if you want?".

"Yes, I would like that."

Corey had noticed how polite the angel is but that was just another stereotype. He has to admit that every angel he has ever read about or seen in films, Panuleon fits the description perfectly. With his impeccable features, his cream coloured clothes and his tranquil atmosphere, he is everything Corey expected him to be.

They headed towards the door rather quietly. Corey opened it to see nobody in sight. He listened and also heard nobody, so he headed in the direction of the stairs. They were steep, long and had a beautiful hand calved railing following the wall on the left.

When they reached the bottom, it led into the hall which was painted white with a big canvas on the right wall. On the left was a door that led into the living room. It was a big and spacious room with two couches and a chair, all facing the TV which was attached to the back wall. The huge window on the right was covered by big, heavy looking curtains.