The Past

3rd person view

A six year old girl named Maya was playing all by herself in the playground of Austin, Texas. She and Her mother was staying there for three months because her mom had to take care of her grandmother so that means three months without Riley for Maya.

She was sitting on the swings when a little boy, her age, approched her.

"Why are you all alone?" He asked

"My mom had to take care of my grammy so she told me to play here"

"Don't you have any friends?"

"I'm from New York so my friends are there"

"I'll be you friend!" He happily told her

"You will?"

"Yeah, lets play together"

3 months later~~

"Do you really have to go?" Lucas asked Maya

"Im sorry but I really have to go, but I promise i'll come back" Maya said as she was in the verge of tears.

"Okay I understand" they hugged eachother and said goodbye.

~PRESENT TIME~ (season 2 GM Texas 1 my version)
Maya's POV
Ahh so nice to be back in Texas. I didn't tell my friends that i've been here because..........what's the point?

I miss that boy I played with before but I forgot his name.

Some friend I am, am I right?

I just shrug it off and we went to Lucas' house.

An old guy opened the door once Lucas knocked on it.

"Luke!!!I miss ya"

"I miss you too pappy" Lucas replied to him

"Oh so this is pappy Joe huh" I teased Lucas

"Wait....... Maya!!!!" Pappy screamed my name and hugged me.

"How do you know me?" I asked him even though maybe Lucas told him about me.

"That's a story for another time...." Then he tralied off

Lucas' POV
I wonder why pappy hugged Maya and even knew her.

I mean I have talked about her but only once. Okay maybe not once maybe a hundred times but I never mentioned any of her facial looks.

"Hey Lucas watcha thinkin' about?" Riley asked me. She was like flirting but failing.

Riley is a good friend but she is too clingy even though I always reject her because I still want my childhood friend. I didnt really remember her name but she was like a mini Maya except the mini Maya is quiet while the Maya right now is loud in a good way. When I was on the subway the first time we met I felt something when we dated for 10 seconds and that feeling was the most inexplicable moment of my life.

I ignored Riley just so she would stop. I went to pappy Joe and we talked in a private place.

"Pappy why did you hug Maya?" I asked him

"What I cant hug the childhood friend and girlfriend of my grandson?"

"She's not my girlfr- wait did you just say childhood friend?!"

"Yep she's the blonde girl who you play with 24/7" I was shocked but happy at the same time. When I met her I felt like she was really something to me.

"You mean she's the girl on the swings?"

"Yep" the popped the 'p'

"Does she know this?" I asked him

"I don't think so, seeing as she doesn't remember my face" he answered disappointedly "She was a rebellious girl but she is nice. I miss her Luke" he told me

"I understand Pappy Joe"

~Next Morning~
Maya's POV
Do my eyes decieve me? Riley Matthews and Farkle Minkus making out in the hallway of Pappy Joe's house.

"*cough* *cough*" they turned to look at me and their faces became into a tomato.

"What's going on here?" I asked with a smile

"Riley and I are a thing" Farkle blurted out

"Wow since when" I asked them

"Since now" Riley said

"So you are over hop-a-long?"

"Yeah turns out Farkle is my prince bae"

"Well then congrats. Anyways i'm gonna go for a walk see yah" I told them "Oh and use protection"

"Maya!!!!!" They screamed in unison

Lucas' POV
I was strolling through the playground when I saw a blonde girl sitting in the swings.

"Hey I missed you, Maya" I told her

"Why did you miss me? I was with you a few hours ago"

"Actually I was with you 8 years ago too" I said

"You know what we forgot to do 8 years ago?"

"No wha-" I was cut off when she crashed her lips into mine.

"You did come back" I smiled to her

Maya's POV
Me and Lucas went back inside the house.

"Ehem" Riley faked cough while looking at out hands almost like she's teasing

I looked at our hands interwined. We quickly yanked our hands apart and im blushing.

"Oooohhhhhh Maya has a boyfriend" Riley and Farkle cooed

"Oh grow up"