Chapter 28

Alex's POV

I held the gun with shaky hands as I watched Christopher fall to the ground. My heart skiped a beat when I saw Niall grab his stomach and winced in pain.

"Niall!" I screamed and ran over to him as fast as I could. I was too late, Christopher shot him.

He slowly fell to the ground. Tears started to spill out of my eyes, like a stream. I quickly collapsed to the ground beside. "Harry, someone please call the ambluance!" Kaitlyn shook Harry's arm. Harry was still frozen with tears in his eyes which were about to spill over any longer.

"NOW!" I yelled at Harry.

He swallowed and took out his phone with his shaky hands.

"Niall, please. Please stay with me." I cried as all he did was try to breathe his best. "I need you, please don't leave me. I love you.." I sobbed into his neck.

"...Yes, okay. Thank you.. Hurry please." I looked up to see Harry talk into his phone. 

He hung up his phone then suddenly look at me hatred. His eyes became a duller green and his jaw clenched. 

"How the fuck could you let this happen! You selfish bitch!" He yelled. He suddenly used all his anger to come up to me and slap me straight in the face. 

I didn't speak I just grabbed my cheek and cried harder. He was right, I am a selfish bitch, how could I let this happen?!

"Harry stop, this isn't her fault!" Dylan screamed at Harry. "Oh, don't you all play that. You know damn right this is her fault! We all know the reason why she left now. She knew he was going to be here!" Harry yelled at all the others.

I did nothing, I tried to block his screams out. All i did lay my head on Niall's chest listening to his heart beat slowly get slower. I shook my head and screamed to myself.

"No, t-this c-cant happen!" I cried harder and tugged at my hair. Kaitlyn and Dylan ran up to me and kneeled down on their knees.

"Shh, Alex." Dylan cooed rubbing my back.

"Listen, this isn't you're fault! He will be alright, the embulance is own their way." Kaitlyn said helping my up from the ground.

I struggled out of her hands "NO KAITLYN, LET GO!"

I just breathed heavier looking down at Niall struggling.

"Please Alex..." Dylan pleaded as his face showed worry.

******

I woke up and furrowed my eyebrows. Where am I? I looked around the small room until my eyes met Niall laying in the hospital bed. Oh, thats right.. I slept in the hospital with him last night. I rubbed my temples, shaking my legs also. I'm so nervous I get the results on how Niall is doing from the nurse today. I just stared at the wall with bags under my eyes, I got almost no sleep last night. I couldn't stop having horrible dreams. They were so bad; I was supposably screaming to the top of my lungs, thats what the nurses said.

"Hello." I heard a sweet voice ring through my eyes, it was the nurse, Mrs.Capri.

I turned my head away from Niall to see her smiling at me. I gave her a smug smile, not to be mean or anything I'm just so emotionally drained.

"Hi."

"How are you, Alex?" She sighed.

"Horrible." I gave her a small smile and looked down at my feet.

"Have you gotten rest last night?" She furrowed her eyebrows remebering what happened.

"Results? Could you just tell me the results..." I spoke, my voice low.

She closed the door then made her way over the chair I was sitting in. She sat next to me and gave me papers.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I scanned the paper. She noticed me I guess because she started to speak up.

"To sum it up, we can't really tell you any further predictions."

I looked at her like she was crazy. "W-whats that suppose to mean?!"

"That means..." She paused and took the paper I was holding and put it back into a folder. "Niall is fine right now, but we do not know what will happen further on. There will be no promises given."

I ran my fingers through my hair "Will he be okay?" I just need to know if he will be okay."

She sighed "Alex, he is in a coma right now. We will try our best.. We just dont have any further predictions."

She placed her hand on my shoulder "I think it's time to take a rest from being here. Go home, eat some real food, and clean up a little. Don't stress over this-"

"Did you just tell me not to stress over this?!" I said raising my voice a little.

She just shook her head. "I understand how you feel-"

"No!" I cried harder and placed my hands over my face "You don't understand how I feel..." I mumbled into my hands.

I sniffled then looked up to meet her worry eyes.

"I-I love him.. I love him so much. You don't understand! That boy right there.." I pointed to Niall's pale body on the hospital bed.

"He's the best thing that ever happened to me.." I whispered with glisting eyes just staring at Niall mentally praying for him to wake up and wrap his hands around me.

I turn my head back around to see the nurse's mouth opened slightly, she understood how much I loved him and how much I needed him.

She gave me a slight smile then pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"Stay strong, Alex..."

****

UGH I FEEL BAD ITS SO SHORT! SOO SORRY BUT HOPE YOU ENJOYED!! <3333