Breakfast Questions

Start from the beginning

"He ripped out some of her hair...?"

"Yang's super protective of her hair, and if anyone or anything damages it, she quite literally explodes in anger," Ruby chewed her food, looking at Roman curiously over her forkful of pancakes,"What was the weirdest prank call you ever made?"

"I've never made a prank call. Unlike some kids," I emphasized the word while playfully squinting at Red,"I've used my time to efficiently plan my well-prepared heists."

"Well-prepared my ass," Ruby snorted,"Last time I ran into you, you didn't seem very well prepared at all."

"That is because you are impossible to prepare for Red," I replied, a hint of affection in my voice,"What's your favorite food and have you ever binged on that food?"

"Cookies are my absolute favorite. Specifically chocolate chip cookies. And yes I have binged on them before, I think the most I've eaten in a day was about 200 cookies but I regretted it afterwards because I got really sick."

"Sounds about right," I finished up my food and coffee. I saw that Ruby had munched her way through all the plates on her side of the table, which probably had been enough food to feed three more people. "You good?" I asked as she wiped her mouth with a napkin. She nodded and I waved Cyan over for the check.

"It's on the house today," he grinned at Ruby,"Boss said since you come here every weekend and order the same amount, that we should give you a freebie this time."

"Tell her thanks!" Ruby stretched in her chair and then got up. We left the small cafe, both comfortably satisfied.

Time Skip (Ruby's POV)

After our meal we went to the largest park in Vale to relax for a while. As we were sitting under one of the larger trees, my scroll went off. I took it out of my pocket and saw that Weiss was calling.

"Hello?" I put it on speakerphone.

"RUBY WHERE ARE YOU!" a loud screech came from the scroll,"DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED WE WERE!"

"Uh Yang? Why are you on Weiss' scroll?"

"I dropped mine out the window by accident but who cares about that. WHERE ARE YOU AND IF YOU'RE WITH THAT ASSWIPE I WILL GLADLY PUNCH HIM INTO FOREVER FALL!"

"Calm down Yang," I grumbled,"I just went out to have breakfast-"

"You insufferable little red! Do you know how freaked out Blake and Yang were when we woke up this morning to find you gone!" Weiss' voice yelled out a few feet away.

"Uh oh," Torchwick and I said at the same time.

Weiss had Myrtenaster in her hand and pointed it at Torchwick,"Who are you and why are you with my partner?!" A small shatter sounded next to us and an extremely short girl appeared, staring at Weiss with a small smirk on her lips.

"Neo, please don't," I heard Torchwick groan.

"SO YOU ARE WITH HIM! I THOUGHT BLAKE AND I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM HIM!" Yang yelled from my scroll.

I lost my temper,"HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF SOMEONE TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM BLAKE?! HE'S MY SOULMATE FOR GRIMM'S SAKE!" I screamed at Yang and silence fell around us.

Weiss lowered her weapon and sheathed it,"He's your soulmate?"

"Yes," I growled before flopping back down on the grass. I hung up the call and threw my scroll to the side.

Torchwick huffed and took out a cigar. The three of us watched him light it, causing him to raise an eyebrow at us,"What I'm stressed out," he grumbled.