2 | Dinner and a Movie?

***** TOBINS POV *****

I finished shopping with Christen as we started to meet with Kelley and Alex back into the center of the mall.

We split up because Kelley and Alex wanted to get their nails done. Chris and I didn't really, and decided to get coffee instead. We talked and she asked if we could go shop at the pet store for her dogs. I agreed and we went. Chris and I joked about getting a small clown fish together and naming it Nemo. We didn't get it, of course, but then she said I should visit her sometime to walk her dogs and get to know each other better.

I said sure, but didn't really mean it. I don't really see myself going all the way to California from Jersey for a girl I don't really know all too well, she's nice though, don't get me wrong.

As we reunited with Alex and Kelley, a few people spotted us and asked for pictures. We signed a couple of random things and headed off on our merry way.

----- Dinner time -----

I was texting Skyler as Alex jumped on top of me. My phone went flying across the room as I let out a groan.

"Lex... You're squeezing me.. Have to text Skyler.." I struggled to get out of her grip but she was a little to strong. I fought to get out of my bed but Alex wouldn't budge.

"No, no you don't. Not when your promised to have dinner with me." She looked up at me with puppy eyes.

I rolled my eyes, smirked and nodded as she finally got up.

"Just have to text her by first." I quickly said retrieving my phone from the floor and running out of our room before Alex could tackle me again.

I was wrong though. Turns out Alex will tackle me anywhere because as soon as I stepped into the hall, my body was on the floor.

"Tobbyyyy. Could you stop texting what's her face for like a minute? Let's go!" She exclaimed getting off of me. This time something snapped and I got annoyed.

"Alex! This is my girlfriend we're talking about! I barely have time to talk to her. Would you chill out and let me have a moment with her?" I explained.

"You can be so annoying sometimes..." I muttered, angrily but regretted it as soon as I realized Alex heared me. I don't know why I said it. It wasn't true at all.

Alex's face went hard. Too hard for my liking; she only had that face when we were losing on a game day. Pure frustration.

"I get it Tobin. But maybe you should realize who really makes time for you and who only has time for you when they're free. I could be on a date right now. But I decided I wanted to spend time with my best friend. I've always been there for you and right now I needed to talk to you. I wanted you to be there for me." She paused and pulled her ponytail back.

"My mistake. I have a date to attend now." She said and headed back into the room before I could call back for her.

I decided it was best if I let her cool off before speaking again, so I went into Kelley and Christen's room to chat.

Skyler had already said bye before I had even picked up my phone again... So much for a conversation.

After an hour, I went back to my room. I figured Alex had already gone out on her date by then.

I opened the door to find Alex in sweats and an old t-shirt. She was watching TV. She was eating some type of cookie dough from a plastic tray.

"Hey.." I muttered and closed the door behind me. I walked over to my side of the room and changed into some sweats and old hoodie.