Qualified!

**** TOBIN'S POV ****

Finally, we had a shot to win the World Cup! After all the struggle this team has been put through, I'm glad we get to show the world what we're made of. I hope I get to too, I have to make the roster first.

Pia came into the conference room as everyone went silent.

It was our first week in training camp before we headed off to Germany. Beside me were Cheney and Amy, my two best friends on this whole team, not including Alex of course.

"Ok ladies. Today we're gonna go over strategy, formation, execution. We'll test each of you in your fitness, Blah blah blah, you know the drill on how to make the roster. Today just try to relax, get your mind cleared. I want you to imagine holding that cup." She smiled as we started the PowerPoint on formations.

We watched a couple of clips from our previous game and then we were dismissed to do whatever.

Everyone was mostly going to unpack in the hotel. My roommate turned out to be Alex, which I was pretty happy about. We've been bus buddies for a long time.

"Tobs!" I whipped my head around as everyone was scurrying to get out of the conference room.

Alex came towards me with a charming smile.
"Looks like we're roomies. Wanna unpack then grab a bite to eat?"

I nodded. "Ok, sure, but I have to call Skyler first. I'll catch up."

Alex nodded but seemed upset as she walked away towards our hotel room. I was out in the empty lobby as I took out my phone and dialed.

"Hey babe." My wonderful girlfriend's name rung through my ears. I smiled, missing her all too much.

"Hey... So I've been thinking if maybe we could see each other before I head off to Germany. I don't think I can go a whole month thousands of miles away from you.." I sighed.

She giggled through the phone.
"Hm.. I can make that happen. But really try to focus on your game right now ok? I have to go, my dad's here and well, you know how he is."

"Ok, love you." I said a bit disappointed our conversation was cut short.

"Love you too." And the line went dead.

That wasn't even a five minute conversation... It seems like we're talking less and less. But I can't blame her, it's not her fault I play soccer and have to travel a lot. It's not my fault she has a serious career and can't come with me.

"BOO!" I jumped five feet in the air and Kelley and Christen died laughing behind me.

"JESUS! You scared me." I breathed out as kelley and christen just shrugged.

"You done talking to your girlfriend now?" Kelley laughed. The only people who knew about my relationship were of course my parents, and then my teammates. I didn't want to make it public, it's nobody's business.
There's a lot of rumors going around about some "secret boyfriend" of mine. I couldn't help but laugh when I read the headlines.

"Yeah? Kel you of all people should understand the struggle." I laughed.

Kelley had been in a relationship for two years now with Ann. Only the team and family knew about their relationship as well... Although kelley made it pretty obvious on her social media she was taken.

"Whatever slow poke, get your head out of the gutter. Wanna go eat?" Christen smiled as Kelley nodded expecting me to say yes.

"Uh.. Yeah sure, can Alex come? I sort of already promised to eat with her."

Kelley nodded and sat down on the lobby chairs.

I went into the elevator as Rapinoe and Sydney quickly raced into it with me. The both laughed as they tried to catch their breath.

"That's 10 bucks pinoe." Syd seemed to have made a bet and won.

I shook my head and smiled "you guys are unbelievable sometimes."

"Hey we need some entertainment in this hotel once in a while." Pinoe speaks up.

The elevator dings open and out they sprint again... I don't know why Pia thought it'd be a good idea to room them together.

"Hey Toby." Ali walks by and gives me a wave.

"Hey!" We stop and have some small talk about our next week of training. Also turns out that she's paired with Ashlyn, which is also surprising seeing as they have an undying love for each other. Everyone knows it but them. This should be interesting; if I had to guess Ali would be the first to make a move.

I finally reached my room to find Alex changing. I blush looking away slightly, but not too much so it's not obvious it bothers me.

"Uh. Lex? Kelley and Christen wanna come with us to lunch, that ok?" I asked turning towards my bag, praying she's finished changing by the time I turn back.

"Yeah I guess... How about for dinner just you and I?" I hear her say as some things get shuffled around.

Just her and I? We don't really do that too often. Especially since we usually have team meals.

"I don't... Is that allowed?" I ask and finally turn around to find Alex fully dressed in some leggings and sweatshirt.

"I mean... Just for tonight, I haven't had time to catch up with you one-on-one this whole time apart." She said as she puts her hair into a ponytail. She looks into the mirror and fixes small baby hairs coming through.

"Alex, we played together just a couple weeks ago?" I laugh and starts changing myself.

"Yeah yeah, but after the season was over we parted ways. Just too many weeks apart from my bestie.." She smiles as I pull my tank top over my head.

"Meet you downstairs." She winks and leaves without another word.

Well that was strange... First she asks me to dinner and now a wink? No... Tobin you're just imagining things. Sure I've had a friend-crush on Alex for... Well since I've met her, but I'm sure she's straight.

I make my way to the lobby to find christen and kelley having a thumb war while Alex talks to Ashlynn.

"Ok gang lets go." I clap my hands together just as kelley yells out in victory.

"Eat it Press!" Kelley jumps over the couch, teasing as she makes her way outside.

Christen shakes her head and stands up to walk out the door with me.

"Lex, you coming?" I look over my shoulder and Chris and I wait for her. She nods as Ashlynn gives her a pat on the shoulder and we head out to have a relaxing day.

___________________________________________________
A/N: YO SOOOOO.... I know you guys know me as someone who writes paramore fanfic  BUT... I've been a fan of the uswnt for a couple years now and finally decided I was comfortable enough to write about them... I hope you enjoy!