Chapter Ten

Mulai dari awal

"How did you do this?"

I smiled at her and said "Smartness is a relative thing in human beings."

She laughed while nodding and said "True this," she looked at me in an amiable way and said "I don't know how to thank you."

"I did this for both of us, because we needed this."

She nodded. And then I told her "So, do you have cash?"

"Yeah..but, I'm leaving it for the need!"

"Well, then; do you mind traveling to another state on foot?"

"No, no, no. Please! Take the money." She groaned.

"I won't; it's for you. I mean you'll pay for yourself from them, for the bus."

"Yes, bus, finally." She said in a relieved voice with her eyes closed.

"Come on, girl. We have a brand new life to start together!"

We spent nearly nineteen hours in the bus, but haven't felt them all, as we slept for like ten hours from tiresome. And successfully, we finally reached Virginia. It was really new for me, I haven't been out from California, and somehow..I was worried. We took a cab which delivered us to a cheap motel, we had no choice but stay in that disgusting motel. The rooms were beyond disgusting, the beds' covers weren't positively clean, the carpets had wool on it (Don't ask me how.). Simply, the place was unlivable. Eliza and I decided to spend some time at the grill which was next to the motel; hoping that we go back to only sleep.

At the grill, we sat on the bar after eating a delicious meal. A handsome guy who stood behind the bar, asked us "Can I help you ladies?"

"We want beer." I told him with courage. He raised an eyebrow sarcastically, then looked at Eliza who told him;

"No, just bring us any un-alcoholic drinks."

He looked at us with confused eyes and then said "You ladies look like you're not from town."

"Yeah, we've just moved here." I confidently told him.

"I'm Ashton, Ashton Walker." He introduced himself.

"I'm Eli-.." I interrupted Elizabeth before she made a huge mistake.

"I'm Camille and this is Emily." I told the guy, Ashton. Of course we wouldn't mention our real names, because if they looked for us, we would be caught in a blink.

"How old?" he asked.

"Seventeen. Both of us." I replied, again. I lied about the fact that I was turning seventeen in June, but it was more safe this way.

"I'm nineteen. In college but working here to make money for college."

Eliza and I nodded.

"Hey, Ashton. Can you find us a cheap place to stay in for a while? We barely stayed in the motel next to the grill, but it was extremely disgusting." I asked him in a friendly way.

"Yeah, sure. I can totally help." He paused for a second then said "Hey, there's a small apartment which is next to mine, near here. Wanna rent?" he offered.

I looked at Eliza an anxious look then told him, "Look, renting and such needs ID and for some reasons..we can't trust people with our IDs now."

"You don't look suspicious though." He commented.

"I know. It's not about suspicion; just family issues." I lied to him.

"I can tell the owner that you are..for example my nieces or relatives. And I can pay for you. But of course between us, you'll pay for me." he smirked.