▽ Fifteen ▽

It isn't true that sociopaths never change.
They change their masks and they change their target.

▼ ▽

I stare at Everest in amusement, her body limp against the hard table of the kitchen, cheek pressed against the wood as her hair sprawls out around her.

Gently I brush a piece from her eyes, noting her relaxed face as she breathes lightly out of her mouth.

I should have know she would have caught on to me yesterday, the tactic too upfront for her, But it's okay, it doesn't change anything.

"Sweetheart" I mutter, lightly shaking her shoulder.

Oh this is going to be so much fun, I'll have both Harley and Everest.

Harley will be ecstatic she's back, will do anything I want, and Everest, well Everest is going to thank me in a different way after she goes through what I have installed for her.

"Everest wake up" I shake her harder this time, smirking as her eyes open groggily.

"Sweetheart when I told ya to get some rest I didn't mean on the table" At the sound of my voice she flinches back, her eyes opening wider as she notices how close my face is to hers.

She slowly stands from the chair, stretching her back like a cat and wiping her eyes to focus them.

The bags are still there but At least she has some colour in her skin now.

She glares over at me as she catches me looking at her, her frame straightening as she begins to fully awake.

"We are going to get Harley in ten minutes. Be ready sweetheart"

As I'm walking out I hear her mutter under her breathe, her voice exasperated.

"Ten minutes"

I laugh to myself, clenching my fingers as I think of what's about to come.

Oh this is going to be so much fun.

▼ ▽▼ ▽▼ ▽

Everest POV.

Waking up to the joker smirking at you really isn't fun, his red lips looking murderous and green hair toxic. My blurry eyes had made him look like some sort of deranged monster from a nightmare.

I tie my hair up into a pony tail, deciding that having it flying into my eyes during this little mission wouldn't be the best idea.

I shake my arms as I walk out to where I'm assuming J is, trying to wake up my muscles.

I look at the black helicopter in confusion, the military stamp on the side instantly telling me it's stolen.

Wouldn't expect anything less.

"Sweetheart!" I hear him yell, I roll my eyes and follow the voice from inside.

The first thing I notice is the black suit he's wearing, the jacket tailored perfectly to his body.

Well someone's getting dressed up for murder.