Prologue

"I am going to die for their self-realization."

He couldn't just let her die, he loved her too much for that. But no matter how much he begged, pleaded her to run she stood strong for her cause, and died because of it. He felt nothing but anguish.

Why would they do this?

Why would humans turn against each other, creating nothing but chaos to drown the peace.

He sobbed, he screamed, but he was alone. His feelings of love being executed, his sounds of sorrow being drowned*. He knew for her sake he should keep his peace of mind...peace..that's what she died for.
----------------------------------

They built a statue to honor her, but to him it was nothing but torture. It was mocking him of what he could have and what he lost. He tried standing strong, but he couldn't help but break every time he stared at the stone structure. It looked just like her...and that's what he hated. The humans paid no mind to his suffering, but why would they...he's a vampire. But he felt that he was more human than them at this time of war.

"I will become a symbol of peace."

That's what she wished, what she desired. But her desires proved futile as the war continued, and to show that the one thing that still showed her presence here, was destroyed. Was this the so called "peace" she was fighting for?

The statue broke like his resolve, his being. That he would never forgive...no he wouldn't. It caused him to lose everything, it was their fault and he would never forgive them. Humans can be quite cruel, but living is even crueler. He had to suffer living everyday without her and it felt numbing.

Even his siblings weren't even aware of how numb he was, how heartbroken. Even though vampires were thought to be merciless, vile creatures...with her he didn't feel that way, but now's a different story.
---------------------------------

"Oh Licht-tan!" He called excited to his new Eve. He looked so giddy, and kept a smile or rather grin on his face. But that was all a facade. Years of living with the trauma never faded, so he deluded himself. He tried to forget as it would being pain, so maybe putting on this other face, no mask, would help shield him.

"Tch, go away." Licht replied harshly as he let his fingers play upon the white keys.

"Aww.." He drawled out in a bored yet non apologetic tone. He would find some joy in taunting his new Eve. Their personalities clashed like the colors of the keys of the Grand Piano. It was ironic really.
----------------------------------

He sat on the shoulder of his Eve, taking the form of a hedgehog. He just sat silently staring out in the scenery, things have changed after so much time. The clouds were out, it made everything seem dull, boring. He's gotten used to that feeling. His mind already fading as he entered a dream like state, only to be shocked by a sudden force.

"Oi, can't you watch where you're going?" Licht lashed out harshly to a girl who was panicking slightly.

"I-I'm sorry." She bowed, her (h/c) locks of hair hiding her face. He gazed curiously at her, she seemed small and frail, but then again...all humans are like that to him.

"Tch." Licht let out an annoyed click of his tongue as he held out his hand to stop her from babbling.

"Whatever just don't do that again." He said once again bringing out an intense tone. The girl finally stood where he could see her face, the sun peeking out as if highlighting her, and his heart felt like it stopped.

Although she was different, she had the same gaze he once thought had disappeared.

"Anything you lose comes round in another form."

A/N: Wow, I went deeper than I thought I did. So I'm going to try something with this book, I'm going to try adding themes and symbols. And this book might not be that long depending on my mind, I'm hoping I have enough planned in my head. Now I have a challenge for you all, in all of the chapters I post can you name the themes and the symbols?

Also asterisk * In Shakespeare's play Hamlet, Hamlet's love was named Ophelia and near the end of the play she killed herself by drowning herself. I might make a couple of Shakespeare references cause with a name like Ophelia and her backstory I am reminded too much of Hamlet.