Could Today Be The Day?

Jacob stood up to face Connie as she groaned yet again. "Con just stop-" "I just want this thing out of me already!" He placed his hands to her forearms stopping her in her tracks. "That 'thing' just so happens to be my daughter Con-" "Don't remind me!" She pushed his hands off turning away from him. "What's that supposed to mean?"

He followed her from the room into the kitchen where she had spun to look at him. "That this is your bloody fault Jacob! Continue reminding me and I might actually kill you." He held his hands up in defeat as she sighed rubbing a hand against her forehead. "I am so fed up of feeling like this Jacob, I just want it over with-" "Hey..."

Connie felt his hand on her wrist moving her hand as the tears rolled down her cheeks. "Hey come on, don't cry babe... You know it'll be worth it-" "Jacob it was supposed to be worth it over three weeks ago." He pulled her into his chest as she sobbed while running a soothing hand up and down her back. "I've got you."

He felt her hands grasping to his shirt on his back. Jacob couldn't help but stifle a laugh causing Connie to loosen her grip standing up looking unimpressed. "This isn't fun-" "I wasn't laughing at you, more how far away you were from me despite holding on for dear life." Connie still frowned before Jacob nodded down to her bump. "Oh..." "You really think I'd find your upset humorous?"

Connie shrugged before Jacob bent to her level with a hand placed to her cheek. "Well I don't. Seeing you upset breaks my heart, and knowing I can't do anything to remove that upset is even worse." A faint smile flashed across her features before she leant closer to meet his lips. "Just keep being you, that will always be enough." He smiled before leaning in to kiss her once again.

She lay her head to his chest as they remained wrapped in each others embrace. "We're gonna have it all you know... Everything we've both wanted, all our lives... All we've ever talked about, we're gonna have it... Every last piece of that puzzle." Connie felt her eyes fluttering shut as she smiled in his arms.

Jacob saw from their reflection that Connie was falling asleep standing there with him. He moved an arm from behind her to rest beneath her bum. "What are you doing?" He proceeded to lay her back into his arms carrying her towards the stairs. "Shh... Just rest." Connie quickly let her head fall to his shoulder, an arm around his neck as he carried her through their home.

As soon as he lay her on the bed she curled up on her side. He sat on the edge beside her running his fingers through her hair just watching the gentle rise and fall of her chest. It didn't take long for her to be asleep but he didn't want to leave her side just yet. He placed a delicate hand to her stomach before tracing his thumb back and forth.

"I thought I wound your Mummy up the most, seems you've taken my place their peanut- ow!" Jacob flinched as Connie hit him. "I told you before not to call her that!" "I thought you were asleep-" "Well I guess you thought wrong on more than one occasion." Jacob frowned watching her. "What-" "Well she certainly hasn't annoyed me anywhere near as much as you do."

Jacob smirked before bending down and kissing her forehead. "I'll leave you to sleep-" "I didn't mean you had to go." Connie's eyes flashed open seeing his warm smile. "I know, but our other children might not like being stranded at play scheme... Get some rest while I go pick them up and drop them at Charlie's." She let her head rest back down again while he wandered to the bedroom door grabbing his keys as he went.

Connie was asleep before the car had even left the driveway. She was exhausted from not sleeping properly recently. Ever since her due date she'd been doing anything she could to get this baby shifting but nothing seemed to happen. Sleeping seemed impossible when she was in so much pain no matter what position she lay in.

Jacob didn't return for almost two hours knowing that Connie needed all the sleep she could get. Her emotions were out of whack already without being sleep deprived too. Returning home he smiled at the place still being silent. He decided to head into the garden and lay back in the sun giving Connie all the time she needed.

Before he knew it the sun was gradually lowering in the sky. Jacob stretched his arms above his head before feeling someone's fingers lace through his. "Hey baby I thought you were still sleeping-" "I just woke up." He watched her walk around the sun lounger rubbing a hand to her waist wincing. "You okay?" She nodded sitting between his legs and leaning back against his chest.

Her clothes from earlier had been discarded somewhere along the line and she was now in one of his old shirts. His hands rest around her on her hips as he watched her release a deep breath. "Do you want me to get you something for the pain?" "No it'll pass..." She continued to take deep breathes until she was sure it was over.

Jacob kept his hands against her skin until she sat forwards groaning. He moved from behind her and helped her to stand up heading inside. "Maybe a shower will help-" "No." Jacob rolled his eyes walking away from her through the kitchen. "Why?" "It's not going to help." He shook his head only quickly glancing back, not seeing her hands gripping to the kitchen sides.

"You don't know that..." Connie regained her breath able to respond quickly. "Jacob unless a shower is going to deliver my baby it will not help." He smirked at his wife's sarcasm mocking laughter. "Hilarious Con, I'll give you that one." When she didn't speak he turned back looking to her, paying more attention to her body language this time. "Wait what? Now?" Connie smirked nodding while Jacob rushed forwards holding her up.

"Oh my- I'm so sorry sweet cheeks- Are you sure? I mean you're definite-" "Jacob!" He looked to her seeing the enjoyment in her eyes at his panicking. He leaned in and kissed her as Connie laughed against his lips. "Oh my god... You're in labour... Connie you're in labour!" "Jacob just get my bag." "Yeah, of course, anything."

She watched as he sprinted from the room hearing things crash to the floor as he made his way across the landing. Connie rolled her eyes grabbing some trousers from the pile of clothes on the dining table. She carefully pulled them on before making her way to the front door.

"Woah, woah, woah what are you doing!?" His hands were around her once again causing Connie to groan. "Jacob I haven't suddenly become an invalid, just get the bloody car unlocked and drive already!" He nodded throwing the front door open running to the car before turning back and trying to help her to it. "Jacob stop!" "Okay sorry..."

He rushed back to the door closing it before getting into the car slamming the drivers door. "I want a car left at the end of this you know." "Sorry-" "Stop apologising already-" "Sorry... Oh, sorry." "Just shut up and drive."