Road Trip

"Grace, Charlie in the car! Jacob please do something useful and put this in the boot." He smiled across at her getting up off from the floor and taking the box outside.

Connie continued putting things into various bags as Grace and Charlie came running through the house. "Err when I said get in the car I did not mean destroy the house on the way through. Now calm down and both of you get your shoes on. Grace help your brother please."

She rolled her eyes before doing as Connie said. After getting their shoes on they ran out to the car together. "Hey hey hey, it's not a race. Come here you, let's get you strapped in."

Connie picked up the last of their things before walking outside and locking the door. "Make sure these are on nice and tight for you because Mummy's driving today... Ahh nooo, crazy driving-" "Er there is nothing wrong with my driving thank you."

She smirked from the back of the car as she closed the boot before standing in Jacob's place. She threw something across the seats landing on Grace's lap. "Assume you want that seeing as you're in this car for several hours-" "Thanks Mum!"

Grace began tapping away opening up a film on her tablet and positioning it so both her and Charlie could see it. Connie closed the door and stood up to see Jacob looking at her.

He stepped forwards lacing his arms around her waist. "You sure you're okay to drive babe, it's a long way-" "I'll be fine and if I'm feeling tired then we can stop and I'll let you drive. IF I'm feeling tired..." He smiled bending down and placing a quick kiss to her lips before pulling away.

Up where they walk, Up where they run, Up where they stay all day in the sun. Wandering free, Wish I could be part of that world.

The lyrics floated around the car as Grace sang along to the film they watched in the back of the car. "2 hours of that film and I can already feel myself going insane." Connie muttered causing Jacob to smile and rest a hand on her thigh.

"Just think sweet cheeks, in a few more hours we'll be sitting around the fire... No work, no worries just us." Connie hummed in approval as she continued to drive along the never ending road.

After what was beginning to seem like an eternity to both Grace and Connie they passed a service station. "Muuuum we're hungry, can we get a McDonalds? There's one there."

Connie was already indicating to come off as they needed fuel and she could do with a break. "We can on one condition... That thing stays in the car! I cannot stand another second of that film."

Grace laughed high fiving Charlie. "Deal!" "Mummy can I have chicken nuggets?" Connie glanced into the mirror seeing Charlie look back at her. "Of course you can sweetheart."

A few minutes later and Connie pulled into a parking space before Grace helped Charlie out and they all stretched their legs. "Race you to the door Charlie!" "Be careful you two!"

Connie watched as they ran off together while Jacob snaked his arms around Connie's waist. "Remind me to delete that movie from her tablet before we leave-" "I don't know sweet cheeks, I was quite enjoying the life of Ariel."

She looked up at him with a disapproving look as they caught up with Charlie and Grace. "What do you guys think? The Little Mermaid's good isn't it Charlie?"

Connie watched as Jacob picked Charlie up spinning him around before he held onto Grace's hand again. "Come on Con... What is not to love about a Rastafarian lobster-" "Rastawhat?" Jacob turned to Grace.