Knowing What You've Got

With the door shut, Jacob pushed Connie's back up against it as he pulled his shirt off over his head. Connie pressed her hands to his toned chest running her fingers over the defined muscles. "I love you-" "Not as much as I love you." He stopped her from responding by kissing her once again, every movement becoming desperate between the pair.

Jacob let his hands trail up her legs and across her shorts. "You know I think you're wearing too much for a lazy day outside-" "Really?" "Really." He smirked as he ran his hands underneath the top she wore before lifting it over her head. She smiled into the kiss feeling his hands settle on her waist again.

Connie moved her hands down to his trousers undoing the button before he gently pushed her shorts down to the floor. Lifting her up once again a small squeal left her lips as he pushed her down to the bed straddling her waist. His knees dipped into the mattress as he laced his fingers through hers forcing her hands down above her head.

"I've got so much time to make up for-" "Then I suggest you stop talking for a change." She moved her hand from his and placed it behind his neck pulling him back down to her lips. Things quickly moved from joking to serious as Jacob prised his lips from hers pushing them to her neck. He bit down wary of not leaving any marks as her breath became rapid.

Outside everyone was enjoying themselves in the sun despite knowing it was their final day together. "I think we should have a competition." "Huh?" "On swing ball. Get everyone to play, especially Mum and Jacob because that would be sooooo funny." Grace and Amy laughed with one another trying to work something out while Cal and Alicia watched on.

Alicia smiled leaning into Cal. "I bet I could beat you at that-" "What? Swing ball? No chance Alicia, I love you and everything but there is no way you'll ever beat me." She sat up looking down at him with her arms folded against her chest. "Prove it." "What?" "You heard me. Prove you're so great if you think you are."

Cal scoffed before standing up, Alicia quickly following. "You're on." They wandered down to the girls who were now sitting under the shade of the tree. They lifted their heads seeing the pair walk past and pick the bats up. "Maybe it won't be so hard to get them to play then." They watched with huge smiles as Cal and Alicia began their competition.

Inside Connie was laying with her head on Jacob's chest trying to catch her breath. "Wow..." She smiled glancing up at him as he agreed with her. "That was-" "I know... We should-" "Get back outside-" "Yeah..." Connie nodded as she sat up before feeling Jacob's hand on her arm pulling her back down to lay on his chest.

Connie looked down into his eyes as she smiled at him. "I love you, so, so much Jacob Masters. You really have changed my life." He had nothing to say as he smiled up to the woman he adored so much. Instead he closed the space letting her lips linger on his for a moment before they both got up and dressed wandering  back outside.

They emerged from the cabin to see Cal and Alicia in full competitive mode. "What have we missed?" "Oh you know, just a friendly bit of rivalry." Connie laughed as they took a seat beside one and other cheering them on. Soon enough Alicia was celebrating her win while Connie rolled her eyes. Jacob noticed and turned to face her.

"What's wrong sweet cheeks? Can't handle a little competition-" "Please it's swing ball. There is no competition when it comes to us because you know I'm better." He levelled his eyes at her as she stood up before he had the chance to push her. "Come on then... First to five?" Grace and Amy sat glad that they had managed to have a competition without them even having to suggest it.

Connie took up a stance holding the bat as she eyed Jacob. "Be careful though please sweet cheeks, you are 4 months pregnant." She moved from where she was briefly to place a tender kiss to his lips. "I will..." Taking a step back she returned to the steely composure she held at work. "Now bring it on, don't think this'll be easy either."

The afternoon beat on with everyone laughing and enjoying themselves. Connie was sat with Alicia on the porch swaying gently in the breeze. "Happy?" Alicia looked towards Connie with a smile and raised an eyebrow. "Are you? Don't think we didn't know where you slipped off to earlier-" "I have no idea what you mean." Both women laughed as their eyes fell to Cal and Jacob standing beside the BBQ.

Connie continued to watch Jacob as Alicia looked back to her. When neither said anything Connie slowly linked her eyes with Alicia again noticing her gaze fixed on her. "What?" She shrugged as she relaxed back into the cushions. "Oh nothing Mrs Beauchamp, don't you worry..." Connie raised an eyebrow as she watched Alicia mimic her in getting comfortable.

Grace had bought a speaker outside from the bedroom and placed it in the corner of the porch. She returned to her spot under the tree with Amy as they began playing songs loudly out over it. Connie and Alicia found themselves singing along quietly before Connie moved into the kitchen getting herself a drink.

When she returned Cal was sitting with Alicia so she decided to step down to see Jacob. She leant against the porch watching as Jacob danced around with Charlie and Grace while Amy laughed. The smile on Connie's face was huge as she looked at how happy her family was. Family. It was still a crazy concept which she struggled getting her head around even after 4 years.

"Mum!" Grace ran over to her pulling on her hand. Connie managed to put her drink down before being pulled towards Jacob who was currently spinning Charlie around. "Gracie I do not dance-" "I beg to differ Mrs Masters." Jacob placed Charlie back onto the floor as he neared Connie dropping his hands to her waist. Connie smirked shaking her head as he began to dance around with her.

Connie's laughter was infectious as Jacob continued to dance with her while singing. "I cannot believe you're singing Rihanna Dad-" "Dad?" Connie looked between Grace and Jacob who didn't seem fazed by what she'd said. "Hang on am I the only one not understanding something..." Grace shrugged as Jacob smiled. "Well I'm as good as sweet cheeks-" "No you're not."

Both Jacob and Grace's faces dropped before Connie laced her fingers through Jacob's pressing against his chest. "You're more than that, to all of our children and you know it." The smile gently returned to his face as he quickly spun her in a circle again. "I too can't believe you're singing along to this." Jacob ignored her comment as he continued to sing along.

Baby this is what you came for. Lightning strikes every time she moves. Everybody's watching her, but she's looking at you.

Jacob had returned to the BBQ leaving Connie dancing with Charlie. "Foods nearly ready, girls do you want to help Charlie-" "Okay Dad." "Okay Uncle Jacob." He smiled running a hand through Grace's hand as the three of them ran off to the cabin. Connie stood up wandering to Jacob snaking an arm around his waist. "Thank you-" "What..." She cut him off placing a kiss to his lips.

"You know what for. I could never imagine finding someone who accepts Grace the way you do. Thank you." Jacob placed a hand to Connie's cheek wiping the stray tear from her face. "You never should have had to worry about that because any man who loves you can see how amazing that little girl is too." Connie smiled into the kiss before they separated beginning to serve food.

Everyone was sat around the porch enjoying the BBQ with the music still drifting through the air. Connie was leaning against Jacob's chest as he played with her hair helping to relax her. Grace was sitting with Amy watching everyone around them. "I'm glad that your Mum found me before... You were right the other day Grace, I don't need my Mum to have a family. Besides, I think this is the best one." Grace smiled hugging Amy tightly before they sat back up.

Alicia and Cal couldn't hear the girls conversation but watched as they embraced each other. "We're lucky aren't we?" Alicia nodded with a smile glancing around. "Definitely-" "Not many people can say they grew up without a family before finding one." Alicia placed a hand to Cal's arm before leaning into him. His arm automatically going around her to hold onto her. He placed a kiss to the top of her head as they looked to the girls again.

Charlie sat back watching the various scenes before him. He was happy to have been included as a part of the holiday. Connie was the closest thing he had to a daughter and he had always treated her as one.

From the moment the heels had hit the department, he knew he'd be with her in the struggles she faced. He knew he'd be there to make her face reality and give her the hard truths she sometimes needed to hear. But he also knew he'd be here, to witness moments of serenity like these.