Respected or Feared

Over the recent weeks everything had changed considerably, again. Connie and Jacob were back to how things should have always been, the department was as it should be and nothing could bring Jacob down from the level he was right now.

Connie walked into the kitchen that morning dressed in the final pieces of sports gear that fit her. "Should have woken me... I'd have joined you on that run-" "I didn't want to wake you, you needed your beauty sleep." He arched an eyebrow as she took the mug of coffee from the side.

"That's the only one you're having today." Connie pulled a face rolling her eyes as Jacob folded his arms with an entertained smirk. "Okay..." She looked to him as he turned back to the counter. Connie reached into the bowl eating some of the fruit Jacob had already sorted. "So... Ready for today?" "Mmm, I think today's going to be a good day. New job, means more time with you-" "If you get it that is..."

Jacob acted shocked with a hand to his chest. "Don't try hush my mellow-" Connie chocked slightly before looking to him in amusement. "Hush your mellow?" "Mmm..." Jacob neared her before pressing his lips to hers gently. A low hum of approval from Connie as he kissed her lips again.

Both turned sideways to see Grace wandering sleepily into the kitchen. "Morning baby-" "Morning Mum, hey Jacob-" "Hey firecracker." She sat herself up at the table picking at the food Connie had been eating too. "How're my girls this morning?" Grace stretched yawning as she continued to wake up. "Answers part of my question... Go shower Con, I'll sort Charlie out this morning-" "You sure?" He nodded placing a kiss to her lips. "Positive." She kissed him once more before leaving the room with her coffee.

Grace watched Jacob as he turned the radio up dancing around the kitchen counter. Throwing things in the air and catching them she arched an eyebrow. Silently observing him, he continued to move about humming along. "Why are you so happy? You're married to a woman who eats way too much pizza and is a complete clean freak."

Jacob laughed shaking his head to Grace. "And I love every strange thing about her... Including you firecracker." She smiled as Jacob continued moving about while Charlie wandered into the kitchen. "Good morning little man, pancakes for breakfast?" "Yes Daddy!" Grace helped him up tot he table as they continued to watch Jacob dance about.

In the time Connie had gone upstairs to shower Jacob had managed to make a bit of a mess in the kitchen. Pancake mix had gotten almost everywhere but the children were entertained. "Daddy can I have two pancakes?" "Course you can little man..." They leant up onto the table watching as Jacob began to create shapes out of the pancakes.

Charlie looked on amazed as Jacob plated up a pancake in the shape of mickey mouse, and another in the shape of a dog. Grace smirked as she had two shaped like flowers before Jacob took a seat opposite them. There were several bowls on the table between them containing strawberries, banana, marshmallows and melted chocolate.

They all dived in decorating the pancakes beginning to eat them while Connie finished getting changed. She had her hair in loose curls hanging around her shoulders while she finished applying her makeup. She wore a white V-neck blouse with her dark jeans before slipping on her heels. Looking into the mirror she placed a hand to her baby bump before turning away from the mirror heading downstairs.

Jacob had cleaned the kitchen up slightly as everyone was still eating. "Hey, I saved you some breakfast babe-" "Mmm, smells good muscles." Connie wandered over to him as he pushed his chair back allowing her to sit across his lap. She draped an arm around his shoulders before picking up a few of the strawberries.

"You guys ready for Uncle Elliot's today?" "Yes Mummy-" "Yeah Mum, can we do something together this weekend?" Connie looked towards Grace with a smile before glancing to Jacob. "Don't see why not-" "Yeah, that'd be nice. I'll see what I can do." Grace smiled as her and Charlie got down going to clean themselves up and get changed.

Connie finished her mouthful before Jacob's lips pecked hers. "You okay? You seem exceptionally happy today-" "Like I said, it's gonna be a good day." She smiled loving how bright his outlook on life had become since finding out about their daughter. "Okay then muscles, just don't get in my way today." He laughed nodding before kissing her again. "East your breakfast, I'll clean up."

She shifted from his lap to finish eating the pancakes that he head covered in chocolate while she watched him. "I love you." He smiled over his shoulder looking back to her before she noticed the time. "Oh my god, we're never going to be on time-" "Calm down boss, it's all sorted. Just eat, then get in the car."

Within twenty minutes they had dropped the children off at Elliot's and were parking in the car park. "I love the informal look by the way-" "It wasn't intentional... I need to buy some new clothes that fit me now that this one wants to grow." He smiled taking her hand as they wandered towards the ED.

"Morning Connie-" "Morning Charlie, how's things been?" They briefly discussed the morning before Connie glanced up to see Jacob's name being temporarily put above Charlie's. He soon noticed it grinning from ear to ear. "Heeey, you're not the only one with an office space now-" "I'm the only one to have an office to myself Jacob. Don't get smart."

He laughed stopping beside her door as she glared across the department at a group of staff gossiping. "I got this sweet cheeks..." She raised an eyebrow at his cocky attitude walking towards the staff. When nobody budged and he seemed to be having a conversation with them she huffed strolling over.

"Am I the only one who does any work around here? Get back to work, all of you." She ran her hand across the counter while the other rested on her hip as she looked up at him in disapproval. "I was-" "Respect Jacob. You need to earn it from the other staff if you're to be in charge of them." She picked up a collection of folders holding them to her chest. "Ah, but are you respected or feared sweet cheeks?" "Who cares, it gets the job done and I like it."

Jacob smiled as she stepped closer pressing a gentle kiss to his lips. "See you tonight... Oh, and don't break anything. Please." He laughed pushing the office door open as she watched him go before heading to her own.