Crazy Carnival [Part I]

"Quickly I'm learning to love again
All I know is I'm gonna be OK.."

-Leona Lewis (Better in time)

I smile at my sister and Bonnie as they wear matching expressions of accomplishment. We were standing side by side, taking in the people and their success. I felt a swell of happiness and pride when I looked down at them. Despite the struggles they we're facing, they were trying to be the normal teens they were meant to be.

"You guys did an amazing job. I'm proud and Caroline would be too," I compliment them, making their faces light up. They send me large and appreciative smiles making me chuckle a little,"Now, go do teenager stuff while I go and get me some food and sweets."

I leave them and the sound of their laughter follows me. A soft smile makes it's way to my face as I trek towards the food area. Stopping at a booth, I look at the menu and sigh when I see all the delicious foods. I can't just choose one thing, "Hi, can I get a bag of cotton candy, a caramel apple with white chocolate and cinnamon, an elephant ear, a turkey leg, deep fried oreos, a deep fried twinkie, and a hot dog in a bun."

The worker stares at me with his mouth wide open, "U-uh.. Are you sure you want all that ma'am?" I furrow my brows at him as I put my hands on my hips. I narrow my eyes into a glare as I open my mouth to tell him off.

"What do you mean, 'Am I Sure'? Heck yeah I'm sure. I wouldn't order it if I wasn't sure. I'm pregnant and I am hungry so please give me my total and bring me my food. Thank you." I end with a sweet smile. The teenager stutters out a sorry and quickly runs to get my food.

After 5 long and agonizing minutes, he returns and quickly places the big bag in front of me, "T-thank you, bye. " He stutters before rushing towards the back of the booth. I stare in confusion because he didn't give me my total.

I shrug my shoulders, leave a 10 dollar bill, then walk off. Carnival food is expensive as hell so It probably actually costs 60 bucks but hey, at least I left something.

I dig through the bag and take out my hot dog first. Walking to the condiments, I grab ketchup and mayonnaise as well as some napkins. I rush towards an empty table and quickly spread my toppings on my food.

"Mmm, so good," I sigh in pleasure as I take a huge bite out of my food. A large smile takes over my face as I munch happily, "Oh, how I love you food."

I'm thankful for the moment to be alone, without interruptions or crazy drams. Just me, my baby, and my other baby (food). Even though it wasn't exactly a peaceful setting, it gave me a relaxing feeling to be able to just be alone. Sometimes you need that alone time, to just separate yourself from others.

However, my peaceful time is cut short causing me to groan when I see my brother heading towards me. I know he would try and steal my food so I keep the bag close to me.

"Holy shit Luna! Is that all for you?" Jeremy cries as he walks up to me. His face is a mixture of shock and delight as he stares at the large bag in front of me. I roll my eyes at him and nod my head while tugging the bag closer to me.

"Seriously? What is this, stupid question day? Of course its for me. Who else would it be for? My best friend Casper?" I say sarcastically, tired of all the dumb questions. Jeremy sends me a playful glare before he tries to reach into my bag for food. But I quickly slap his hand away, "Dafuq? What do you think you're doing? Don't ever, ever touch a pregnant woman's food. Understand?"

My baby brother stares at me with frightened eyes as he nods frantically. I give him a suspicious glance while taking a bite out of my hot dog.

"Good, now here's 5 bucks. Go get your own food."

He walks off and I sigh in relief to be alone again. Once my hot dog is gone, I reach into my paper bag to eat some deep fried deliciousness.

"Seriously? We come to a carnival and you want popcorn? Jeremy... You suck at life," I tell him as seriously as I can. He laughs and walks away only to be stopped by Damon. I quickly straighten out as he approaches. They exchange a few words before suddenly Damon has Jeremy in a headlock.

Quickly, I rush forward and push him off my brother. He was caught in surprise so he stumbled. "Don't you dare touch my brother again! Do you freaking understand me?!"

He ignores me and holds up the Gilbert ring, "If you want to tell people what I really am, go ahead and try. I will shove this ring so far up your ass, you'll really have something to choke on." I glare as he throws the ring at my brother before walking off. I see him send me a sad look as he turns but I ignore him.

There is no way I would forgive him so quickly. Not after everything he had done.

"You okay Jer-Bear?" I ask worriedly, looking him over. If Damon had hurt him again, I was prepared to kick his vampire ass. Pregnant or not and supernatural creature or not; nobody gets away with hurting my family.

"I'm fine Luna," He sighs before walking away. I stare at him with sad eyes knowing that things were really hard for him and Damon wasn't making it any easier.

Tears gather in my eyes as I think about everything that's happened in the last few days. My brother was killed and I could have lost my baby from all the stress. I'm so sick and tired of all the drama-- sometimes I just wanna run away from it all. From Damon.

But I know that my family needs me. And because I don't think I could truly get over Damon.

Deciding I needed a rest, I walk to a table and sit down before opening my bag of heavenly food.

****

"Elsa!" I hear a voice call making me turn around to see the person. I smile as I see Tyler running up to me. He sends a wide-eyed glance to my large bag of food. But thankfully, unlike others, he doesn't say anything stupid.

"Hey there hotshot!" I call before standing up to embrace him. He returns it tightly causing me to choke a little on the food in my mouth, "Whoa, ease up a little buddy. Trying to kill me?"

The youngest Lockwood (for now) sends me a sheepish smile causing me to shake my head jokingly, "Sorry, I guess I don't know my own strength."

I pause for a second as I take in those familiar words. He used to say that whenever he held me too tightly or broke something with his bare hands. It frightened me but it also made me suspicious. I observe the boy in front of me before shaking it off and sending him a happy smile.

"Its all good kiddo. So, what are you up to?" I reply nonchalantly before taking a bite out of my sweets. Tyler sends a look of longing towards my food causing me to stifle a laugh. Seeing this, he sends me a playful glare that only makes me think of a little puppy.

He smiles and shrugs, "I was gonna go into the school. People are doing an arm wrestling challenge. Figured I go and embarrass them." I laugh as he flexes before pushing him.

"Hello biceps-- you know steroids are really bad for you?" I joke causing him to laugh and shake his head at me.

"Don't worry Aunt Elsa, this is all natural." He informs me causing me to giggle as he pulls a series of flexing moves.

I pick up and fold my bag of food before wobbling off towards the school building, "Come on, conceited one. I wanna watch."

He chuckles before throwing an arm over my shoulder and guiding me towards the correct entrance.

"Hey! Hands off the food!"

C O M M E N T

V O T E

F O L L O W

...please?