Loving

Honey eyes connected with ocean blue eyes, both super wide in shock. Blood red lips finally moved to voice out their response.
"...y-you...you l-love me....?"
The turtle felt his palms grow sweaty, his stomach turn into multiple knots, and his heart beat like a stampede in his chest. She was waiting for his answer, obviously. Finally, with a sigh, he gave in and said, "Y-yes. I mean it."
She didn't know what to say. She quickly looked away and bit her lip in concentration. A million thoughts were racing through her head. Same with him. He had no idea what had just happened. One minute, it was just like any other night between them and then the next...it just came out. But it wasn't like he didn't mean it. Of course he meant it. He had loved her for so long now. Maybe he just couldn't hold it in anymore and it came to it's breaking point.
He gulped, afraid of what her answer was going to be. Did she love him....or not? This was most likely the most nail-biting moment of his life by far.
"Do you..love me?" he asked her out of desperation. She didn't say anything, she only looked at him nervously. Something pinched at his heart. He gazed down. "...I understand if you don't." he mumbled. Now she was really taken aback. She couldn't believe what he was thinking. The truth was that she did love him. Really and truly. Though she was never able to express it since the concept of 'love' had always been strange and alien to her due to her upbringing and her past life. But that was not excuse. With him, she understood it a bit better since it was so hard for her not to feel so attached to the turtle boy. He was a wonderful person and he was everything she could ever need and want.
She loved him. But she never thought he loved her back. Until now, that is....

Here was her chance and it was quickly evaporating away. There was no way she could allow that to happen. He looked so sad and broken at that moment and she felt like it was her fault because she wasn't responding. Her gaze softened into a gentle smile and stare. She leaned in, forced him to look at her, and kissed him head on. It was a simple peck on the lips that lasted a moment, but it was surely enough to make the turtle's heart feel like it was going to pop like a balloon and his face to melt off from the burning sensation he felt in his cheeks. When she pulled away, she was smiling at him. "I love you too." she said. His eyes were still wide while his mouth formed into a smile. This time, it was he who initiated the kissing. His strong arms wrapped themselves around her and pulled her in for a more passionate embrace. She cupped his jaw with her hands and cocked her head enough to make the kiss more comfortable.
It sounded so cliche for her, but the way he held her and molded his lips with hers made her feel so vulnerable.
They pulled apart and gazed at each other. The two held each other for a while then. She looked up at the full, glowing moon with her arms still wrapped around his broad shoulders and his shell.

*A.N: Finally! It's done! Yas!*