Dancing

Leonardo was watching his favorite show, Space Heroes, when, suddenly, he heard something. He looked behind himself, mumbling, "Huh?" The sound consisted of rhythmic beating and bass tunes. Was that....music? Leo stood up to follow the strange noises. He ventured through the lair as he carefully listened to the sound in order to follow it.
Soon enough, the blue-masked turtle found himself standing in front of the entrance to the training room. The music was obviously coming from within it. Leo drew back the shower curtains of the entrance. What he found surprised him quite a bit.
In the middle of the training room was none other than Karai, Splinter's biological daughter. She had two katana blades in each hand and she was pouncing and moving, swinging and jabbing her katanas as if she was fighting a troop of invisible enemy ninjas. Nearby was a stereo loudly playing Foster the People. With one last thrust of her katana in the air, Karai turned her attention to Leonardo, who was now standing a few feet away from her and staring in surprise and confusion. Karai smirked. "Oh. Hello, Leo. What are you doing here?" she said. Leo rubbed the back of his head. "Uuhh...well, uhm, I-I heard music and I...followed it. What are you doing?" he replied. Karai took the katanas and placed them back on the rack of other swords on the wall. "Just practicing." she said without looking at him.
"To music?"
"Yeah. It makes it more fun."
"Huh. That's interesting."
Karai glanced at Leo and rose an eyebrow at him. "What, you never practice while listening to music?" she said. Leo only shook his head. "No, not really." he muttered. The ex-Foot Clan member was slightly taken aback by this realization. And then, an idea popped into her head. "Say...Leonardo, would you like to practice with me? One on one with some good music?" she offered him. Karai somehow managed to hold back a laugh when Leonardo's eyes went almost as wide as dinner-plates. At first, he stuttered; "Uuhh...u-um, o-okay."
Karai took out two wooden poles similar to Donatello's and tossed one of them over to Leo. "Alright then. Positions!" she announced. She and Leo walked into the center of the floor to begin. The two positioned into fighting stances.
"Ready?" Karai said.
"You bet." Leonardo answered, now showing confidence and determination. Karai always found Leonardo more adorable when he was trying to act like a badass warrior. Yes, you heard that right: Karai thought Leonardo was adorable.

In the snap of a finger, Karai cried out and charged at Leo. She swung the stick at him, but he blocked it with his own. The two were locked. "So...what song is this?" Leo asked. Karai took another swing at him, twirling the stick and going for his stomach. Leonardo flipped next to her and swung the stick at her legs, but she bounced up and attempted to go for his head this time. Again, they locked their weapons. "It's called 'Pumped Up Kicks'. It's my favorite." she said. The two jumped back away from each other and circled each other. "This song's kinda...weird, don't 'ya think?" Leonardo pointed out to Karai. She shrugged. "It's good. Just because it's not about the power of friendship or magic of love doesn't mean it's not good." she stated. Leo twirled his pole and thrusted it at Karai, who jumped out the way and attempted to swat at his arms but he moved out of the way into a fighting stance. "You do know this song is about shooting people, right?" he said. Karai rolled her eyes and took a swing at Leonardo. He blocked it again. "Yes. I've listened to this song a bunch of times. I've heard the lyrics. It does seem different from other songs, but I still like it." she explained to Leonardo.
He tapped his finger against the pole almost in rhythm with the music. "I'll admit that it's catchy. But I still believe it's a bizarre song. You have an odd taste in music." he said. "It's not like I feel relatable to it or feel like shooting people. I just think it's an interesting song. And yes, it is catchy. You see why I like it now?" Karai pointed out. "I guess so." Leo replied as he swung at Karai's ankles while she was caught off guard. She fell down onto her rear on the ground. She frowned at Leonardo and kicked his ankles so he would do the same.
They looked at each other as they sat on the ground. They smiled. Another idea came into Karai's mind. "Leo, do you have any music yourself? Like CD's or something?" she asked. "Uh, yeah. Why?" he said. Karai grinned like a cheshire cat. "Do you feel like doing Round Two to your own music?" she said. Leo was interested by this. But then he felt a little embarrassed.
"Only if you like to fighting to The Beatles...." he shyly said and Karai bursted out laughing.

*Author's Note: I decided to use the song "Pumped up Kicks" by Foster the People because it's one of my favorite songs in my music collection. I've heard this song a long while back and although the lyrics and sound to it is pretty...strange....I've always enjoyed listening to it for some reason. I thought this song would seem like something Karai just might like. Even though it's weird and maybe disturbing to some people, the reasons I like it is identical to Karai's opinions about it. Don't judge! *

Leorai A-Z Challenegeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें