Garden

She was blind. She couldn't see anything.
....because he had his hands over her eyes.
Karai frowned. "Leonardo, where are we going?" she asked again. She heard him chuckle at her impatience. "Just hang on. We're almost there." he told her.
Karai felt the cool air brush through her and she could hear the sound of branches rustling. Why am I doing this...? she pondered in her mind. Leonardo told her he had something to show her and next thing she knew, he had his hands over her eyes as soon as they were in the park he lead her to.
Then, Leonardo and Karai came to a halt. "Here we are." Leo said and removed his hands from her eyes. Karai opened them and stopped at what she saw.
Karai and Leonardo were standing at the beginning of a path at the bottom of cement steps, facing down the said path where there were ebony black-barked trees with long branches almost overflowing with brilliant, pastel pink and cherry red cherry blossoms. The grass was well trimmed and deep green and the night sky above them was pitch black with millions and millions of twinkling stars sprinkled all over it. The whole scenery was like something in a movie or something. "It's....it's beautiful...." Karai breathed. Leonardo smiled. "Why else would I bring you here?" he pointed out. He held his hand out to her for her to take a hold of. She gingerly placed her hand in his palm. Leonardo looked down at their hands; it looked so weird with her dainty, pale hand and long, elegant fingers in his large, green-colored, three-fingered hand. He wrapped his fingers around her hand and lead her further down the path.
Bright blue and piercing honey eyes gazed up in wonder at the dark branches holding an innumerous amount of glowing cherry blossoms and two sets of feet slowly stepped upon the path which was littered with light pink petals. Through the thickets of cherry blossoms, the pair could see the magnificent night sky looming over peeking through the branches and flowers right at them. It was all absolutely beautiful. A tiny smile was now painted on Karai's blood-red lips. Leonardo saw this and found himself smiling too. He was glad to see that she too was enjoying this. It all reminded her so much of the cherry blossom gardens in Japan. Maybe that was why Leonardo brought her here? "If you think this is cool, check this out." he said, gesturing before them.
In front of them, the path lead up to a long, arched bridge constructed of crimson red painted wood. Under the bridge was a wide, peaceful stream of navy blue water that sparkled wonderfully from the moonlight with faded gray rocks protruding from it. Leonardo and Karai walked across the bridge, but not without watching the pretty stream  below them. They could see their reflections perfectly in the water like it was a liquid mirror. Once they crossed the bridge, they passed through an old, wooden archway. On the top of it was Japanese writing with English writing below it. Karai read the engravement; The Garden of Blossoms. 

Leo and Karai passed through the archway and found a circular clearing with stoned grounds and benches made of stone. In the center of the clearing was a statue of a man and a woman dressed in traditional Japanese wedding dress. Leo perked up at the sight of the statue. "Oh! I was looking forward to showing you this part!" he said and lead her to the statue. They stopped at the statue of the couple and Karai saw a plaque on the statue's base. She leaned down to read what the plaque said. "Ssoo, it's a statue of an old married couple. Shocker. Their names were Hashimoto Akira and Minami." she told Leonardo.
He crossed his arms over his plastron and observed the statue more. "I actually did some research about the garden and the couple." he said. Karai looked up at him. "Oh?" she stated in interest. Leo nodded and explained, "Yeah. They were Japanese natives and they were different clans. Rival clans, too. But they fell in love, like Romeo and Juliet. They ran away together to elope. They stayed in Japan for the rest of their marriage happily, until the wife, Minami, developed cancer after 52 years of marriage. It was terminal. She died with Akira right by her side in their own bedroom. Akira was so heartbroken, he moved to America because Japan itself reminded him too much of his life with Minami. This used to be a very plain part of the park and he would visit it almost every day. The city wanted to tear this part down but Akira wanted to convert it into a cherry blossom garden for his deceased wife because she loved cherry blossoms. Before he could show the design to the city council, he passed away at his desk just as he finished the designs. They found them and the city granted him his wish and built this park in memory of him and his wife."
Karai hummed to show her understanding and intrigue. After hearing such a story an idea crept into her subconscious. Was that the real reason Leonardo had brought her here? The story sounded familiar: rival clans, forbidden emotions, and young love. It sounded too familiar. What exactly was he doing? What were his intentions? Was he trying to....
Karai's thoughts automatically paused when she suddenly felt big, scaly fingers touch her shoulder. She looked over to face Leonardo behind her. He was smiling down at her. She smiled back. Karai had always felt vulnerable to Leonardo's friendly smile. When she was a cold, deadly assassin and the Shredder's 'daughter', she didn't understand why and part of her despised it. But a nagging feeling felt differently. And now that nagging feeling was more welcomed. It was a nice feeling.
The way he smiled at her always felt so genuine and sweet. Nobody had ever smiled at her in such a way. It felt so foreign to her yet so...good. He always found ways to make her feel like she wasn't a stone-hard warrior, but an actual human being. Even just the smallest smile from him made her feel loved. Did he love her? Karai didn't know for sure, but she knew he at least cared for her. And she cared for him too. Maybe her care for him went so deep, it reached the point of the very powerful, four-lettered L-word.
Karai stood up to face him better. "Thank you, Leo. This was wonderful." she said. "No problem, Karai. I had a good time with you." he answered with his smile still present. Karai felt like her heart had twitched from the smile. And then, half on impulse and half on desire, the girl leaned in and her lips pecked his cheek. Leonardo looked like he had been hit by a tranquilizer dart with the mixture of shock, awe, and bashfulness visible on his face.
"W-Why did you do that, Karai?"
She shrugged. "I dunno. Just felt like it, I guess."
He rubbed the back of his head and neck with his eyes turned to the left. There was silence between them for a while. Eventually, Leo spoke up. "I think we should be going. It's getting pretty late." he said. Karai nodded in agreement. She held out her hand to him. He looked up at her then her hand. With a shy smirk, he reached his hand forward and the two tangled their fingers together as they began to head back home for the night.