The Wandering Lady

Hey! This is the first story I've ever posted anywhere.... It's sort of an experimental thing. I can't guarentee that I'll update often. I tend to experience really bad writers block so I'm sorry in advance. Anyways. I hope you guys like it. ^^

_________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1

“The laws of the Realm of the Undying Spirits were clear. All living beings found in the Realm of the Undying were to be sent back, or killed on sight. This meant everyone, even the children found. The penalty for the inability to do so meant 700 lashes and a century’s sentence to imprisonment. A spirit must never have relations with the living. This meant, no speaking to one another, and definitely no sexual intercourse of any kind. The consequence for this meant 1200 lashes, and a 300 year sentence to imprisonment. And finally; No spirit is allowed to have fallen in love with any of the living. Penalty for this was an eternity’s sentence to Azrael’s Land where they would spend the rest of their existences in complete and utter pain. The only way to atone for ones sins would be to kill the living being they had so dearly loved. This option is only for those of the pure Undying bloodline.”

Lance sat there, bored and watching as the female continued, repeating herself.

“Can you not do that somewhere else?”

She stopped and turned to him, her face completely detached. “Did you not wish to spend time with me?” she asked.

He sighed and looked away from his wife, the woman he once so dearly loved. “I did, but not to listen to you repeat those words over and over.”

She narrowed her eyes at him and turned back to the recording tool. “If I do not inform the public, they could end up somewhere very unpleasant.”

Lance laughed bitterly to himself as she spoke. He knew the reality of things. He knew why the Holy Undying wouldn’t allow it. “They’re all far too scared.”

“They should be.”

He picked himself up from his throne and walked to her side. The disappointment and misery was evident in his eyes as he leant down and kissed her forehead softly. “I wish you a goodnight, my dear Queen.” He mumbled this softly and walked on his way, further and further from her.

Lance did as he had done for the past several nights. He wore the dirty cloak he had acquired from one of the Flea Markets that would completely mask his identity. His pockets were full of Gold pieces and he was just about ready to drink until memory of this night, and few past hundred years had disappeared into nothing.

But once again, he muttered the same thing to himself as he had for so long, “Not tonight.”

He would have one drink, and then return back to his castle, and his bed chambers where he would have to once again, attempt to have a child. The thought of it was enough to drive him insane with complete and utter discontent. Although it may have been true that he had loved his wife some time ago, her new attitude towards things saddened him. She was no longer the girl he had cared about so deeply. She was no longer the woman he had wanted to have a child with.

He shook all from his mind and walked out to the stables to mount one of the horses. He didn’t have time to be thinking so intensely about such things.

Lance wandered to his favourite of them all. Moonlight had never been the fastest, or the most athletic horse he had owned, but he felt as though she understood him.

“Ah, you’re always waiting for me, aren’t you?”

The horse let out a gruff sound that seemed somewhat pleasant as he got up onto it, hoisting himself onto the saddle comfortably. “It’s time to head to…you know where.”

Lance took a handful of her dark, silky ebony hair and held on close as she sped off. 

________________________________________________________________________

Hey again. Well the chapters lengths will really vary depending on how long I see good enough.... If they're below 300 words I'll post up another chapter the same day. (Sorry). Well I hope you liked it! Hopefully more will be on the way.