"Will, don't-" My voice cracked.

He looked up at me, confused. I was staring at the stethoscope with a horrified expression.

"The-the st-stetho-oscope-ope s-scares m-me." I stuttered, close to tears.

He looked at the instrument around his neck.

"Oh. I see."

He sat in the bed next to me and pulled me onto his lap. He was warm against my bare skin. He rubbed circles on my lower back. I whimpered quietly.

"It's okay, it won't hurt you. I swear on the River Styx."

We stayed like that for a moment until I finally calmed down a bit. Then he raised the stethoscope and instructed me to take a deep breath. I did, still vaguely terrified of the metal on my chest. Then he repeated it on my back, several times. Silent tears fell down my face.

I didn't even know why I was crying. It's not like the stethoscope had ever hurt me during a check-up before. Just for some reason now...

Then Will carefully placed the stethoscope back in his bag and held me in his arms.

"Shh, it's okay. It's all over now. It's okay." He told me softly.

Then he reached over and placed the hoodie back over me. I instantly felt better.

"Thank you." I whimpered.

"Shh, go to sleep." He told me.

I did.
✨✨✨✨
When I woke up I felt worse than before. It seemed like my insides were burning. I was wincing in pain when Will came into the room. He took a look at me and his eyes widened and he rushed to my side.

"Nico, what's wrong?" He asked me.

"Burns." Was all I could manage out.

He ran out into the hall and shouted frantically. Jacob came over and they had a brief conversation. They both had wide eyes and looked horrified. Probably not a good sign. They came rushing over to me together.

"Is there anyway we can eject it?" Jacob asked Will.

Will shook his head.

"No."

I looked at them, eyes wide as I gripped my stomach in excruciating pain.

Will turned to Jacob.

"Go get him a glass of cold water while I tell him what happened." Will demanded.

He seemed angry. Jacob nodded and rushed out of the room. Will climbed in bed next to me and I gripped his shirt and started crying. It just hurt so much.

"Neeks, I think that Jacob may have overdosed you on the ambrosia. He didn't take into account your size when he injected it. That's why your stomach burns. Please stay strong. I don't think he overdosed you by much, and the pain should stop in a couple of minutes." He told me.

It sounded partially like he was trying to convince himself more than me.

Jacob rushed in with water that Will ordered me to drink. The cold liquid instantly soothed the pain, but my stomach still burned slightly. I loosened my grip on Will's shirt and cut my cries down to whimpers.

"Better?" Will asked softly.

I only nodded.

After a couple of minutes the burning stopped and I calmed down.

Will gave me a squeeze and smoothed my hair down. I melted into his arms.

"I'm glad your alright. Are you hungry? I'll get you some food. You haven't eaten in awhile." Will told me.

He asked Jacob to please fetch me something to eat. Jacob said he would and scrambled out of the room. He came back a few minutes later with two grilled cheese sandwiches, bunches of grapes, and bottled waters. Jacob set the plate on my lap so I could reach it. I tried to eat my grapes by myself but after a few my arms were so tired that they refused to move anymore. Will noticed and started tearing pieces of my sandwich off and feeding them to me. Part of me doesn't want Will to help me eat my food. But my stomach told that part of me to 'shut up, I was hungry'.

Will told me about what Reyna and Hazel had said about heading to Camp Jupiter.
I realized I was still sitting on his lap as he was feeding me and talking about his day. I blushed involuntarily. Will gave me a strange look.

"What is it? Are you alright?" Will asked.

I nodded. Urging the pink tint to go away.

"I'm fine, I was just thinking." I whispered between bites.

"Oh, okay."

He smiled at me. I liked that about Will. He let me have my private moments. Will was giving me the last bite of my sandwich when Reyna burst in, looking angry.
Hey! Long chapter again!