Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

I raised an eyebrow at her. “Now, why would you make that a question? Of course I’m not going to agree with you, you dumb cow.” 

“So you’re denying it?” she asked, taking a step closer to me. 

I wanted to take a step back because I, personally, thought her perfume smelled terrible, but taking a step back would make me look weak, so I stood my ground. “Of course I’m denying it. But to be honest, I’m really not in the mood for this shit. I have better things to do than stand here and listen to you bitch at me for something completely irrelevant to you. Even if I did want Christian and Jake, what would it matter to you? They’re not your boyfriends. If anything, all this tells me and everyone else in this room is that you’re the petty whore who wants Christian and Jake all to herself and you see me as a threat. You think I’m getting in the way of your whorish behavior. Am I right or am I right?” I almost laughed at the look on her face. She was beyond pissed. But all I did was throw the truth in her face. That was all. 

Savannah gasped, glaring at me. “That’s not true!” 

I snickered quietly. “Sure it’s not. But seriously, save your breath. I’m sure you’ll need it for… something else.” I smirked, enjoying the look of anger and disgust that crossed her face. The laughter that came from the little crowd we had drawn in was also enjoyable. “You can go ahead and keep Chrissy. I don’t even want him, anyway. Same goes for Jake.” 

I walked away from her, rolling my eyes. I walked past Christian, but I didn’t even look up. I knew he wasn’t going to look at me, anyways. 

Unfortunately for me, Nora picked this day to do a mushy scene. I wanted to jump off a bridge when she told us. It wasn’t the biggest one, but it was still going to take a lot of self-control. It was the one where Emma pretends to be in love with William to escape. 

I had to do the acting of my life for this one, let me just tell you now. 

I also had to sit in a tiny, gross prison cell. That was our set for the scene. How pleasant, eh? 

As soon as the scene started, however, I completely and totally became Emma. Well, mostly. A little bit of Sophia was still stuck inside, but I couldn’t help that. My personality was just too strong to completely detain. 

“Emma, I’m so sorry,” Liam whispered to me as he knelt down in front of the little cell. “I swear this wasn’t my doing…” 

I looked up from the ground and shook my head. “I know it’s not. Don’t worry, Lame-Ass. I believe you.” 

I only called him by two names: Liam or Lame-Ass. 

He chuckled quietly. “Still the same old Em, I see.”

“Just a lot less pleasant smelling, I’m sure,” I muttered crossly, looking down at myself in disdain. 

He wrinkled his nose but laughed nonetheless. “I’m sure… I feel horrible, though. I feel like this was partly my fault…” 

I furrowed my eyebrows, appearing deep in thought before my eyes widened as an idea dawned on me. I opened my mouth to speak but quickly closed it. I pressed my lips together tightly before making up my mind. “I— I have something to tell you.”

“You do?”

I nodded quickly. “I— I—” 

Liam’s eyes widened. “What? Come on, Em, you know you can tell me.”

I looked down, making a circle around my foot. 

This floor is so uncomfortable; I couldn’t help but think in annoyance, letting a bit of Sophia slip by.