Delicate (A Twilight Fanfic)

Start from the beginning

"you have to sign into the office, and then I'll help you put your stuff into your locker after that you'll have English with me and Jessica" Angela said she didn't talk in a fake voice.

I smiled at Jess and said "it was nice meeting you" I said

"Bella!" She hissed "Be nice" well she was all too aware with my "game".

"What? She deserves what she gets" I said, it was true.

"No more messing around ok? This is hard enough" She said

I agreed with her there I sighed. The image in mirror swirled in my head.

We stepped into the office; it was small and very dull. The lady at the front desk had her back turned to us, she was talking another lady. When the girl she was talking to saw us come in she stopped talking and gaped at me. The other one turned her head in the same direction. I blushed and looked at my shoes, a common trait for me.

"S-so you're Bella Swan?" The lady stammered.

"Yes" I said still looking down

"I have your timetable and the map of the school right here" she said passing me a folder that had Bella Swan written in a messy scrawl along the top.

"Thank you" I said I held the door for Angela as we walked out into the corridor.

Finding my way around was easy, even without Angela's help I would have easily gotten to my classes. I remembered suddenly my last IQ test- my memory was twice the average adult span, Angela knew that but none of us wanted to admit that she was only with me so I wouldn't get flocked by crowds of people.

Our first lesson was English, the teacher made me sit up the front of course. He gave me the reading list, actually he gave me two. One had books that were more appropriate for a high school level: Bronte, Shakespeare, Chaucer, and Faulkner I had read them all. The other one had children's books like Charlotte's web and bridge to terrabitha, I had read all those too. People thought that because I was a prodigy I only read adult books or that even though I was smart I didn't understand the adult world. But I really loved both the same; they both gave me a beautiful world to escape to. But if I had to pick a favourite book it would be Alice in Wonderland.

Once Mr Mason had finished talking I went up to his desk.

"Is there anything I can do for you Bella? He asked.

"Yes" I said showing him the reading lists.

"Ah yes I wanted to discuss that with you" He said "which one would you prefer to do"

"If it's all the same to you sir than I'd prefer it if I could do both list" I said. The whole class had gone silent now egger to hear me speak.

"Well I'm sure that can be arranged" he said in a calm voice that didn't match his curious shocked expression. "We can take some from each"

"That would be great thanks" I said.

"If you need anything else let me know" He said I nodded and went back to my seat, the chatter started up again but I could hear my name pop in various places in the room. I sighed; it was going to be a long day.

The bell rang after what felt like four hours, Angela took me to my next class but she wasn't in it but Jessica wasn't either so that was a plus. When I got in the classroom in went up to his desk awkwardly and told him who I was- as if he didn't already know. He gave me a few sheets then made me stand up the front.

"Class this Bella Swan she is starting here today, I'd like you to all make her feel very welcome" he said. At the back of the classroom I could hear a bunch of girls going "awe she's so cute!"