Delicate (A Twilight Fanfic)

Bella POV

There was too much pain, I was in agony. I couldn't think, I couldn't talk and I couldn't move. I had to run before more pain came, then a wall fire closed around me. I screamed.

"Bella!" Dad said "Bella wake up!"

I opened my eyes, my heart beating franticly "what happened?" I said seeing the fear in his eyes.

"You were screaming" he said. "Again"

"Oh" I said then blushed "sorry"

"Why are you apologising?" he said confused "it's not your fault"

"I woke you up" I said

He rolled his eyes "its seven I was already awake"

"Oh" I said again.

"Come on you should get ready, you got a big day today" Dad said bleakly, he wasn't too keen on this either. But if I looked like I was having second thoughts then it would only make this worse on him, so I put on a brave face and hopped out of bed.

"Okay" I said "can I have some privacy please? I need to get dressed"

"Sure" he said as he walked out the room.

I went to my cupboard and pulled out a pair of denim jeans and pink shirt with a star on it, not my choice of clothes but maybe if I dressed my age then people wouldn't think of me as a "special" child. I brushed my hair and pulled it into a plait then tied a yellow ribbon into it. I grabbed my bag and went down stairs and checked the time, ten past seven. I had enough time to make French toast; I grabbed the milk, eggs and cinnamon out the fridge and put the bread in the toaster.

Once I'd done I went upstairs brushed my teeth, cleaned up a bit (Charlie wasn't very good at that). I looked in the mirror, a six year old brown eyed girl stared back, for now she looked normal not different she probably went to a primary school and her parents did everything for her. Her nightmares were of the Grinch not being tortured. I envied her. She lived in a world of play-dough and make believe.

"Bella!" Charlie called from downstairs interrupting my thoughts "Are you ready?"

"Yes" I said turning my back to mirror and running down the stairs and out the door.

The car ride was short and uneventful; we drove through the lush green oasis. Even though I hated Forks I loved the beauty of it. I stared at the trees and tried to picture this place without roads or buildings or people just a never ending forest of moss and trees.

Charlie turned into the school and parked the car. "I'll pick you up early because you have PE at the end of the day, okay" He said

I nodded and got out the car and walked over to see a girl with a pair of thick glasses and tar black hair standing outside the school I raced over to her.

"Angela!" I called and ran up to give her a hug, Angela is my cousin, on my Dads side but our parents are nothing alike. I was glad to have her here at least the awkwardness would be bearable

"Hey Bella!" she said hugging me back.

"So your bella"

I nodded

"Yes this is my cousin Bella" Angela said to the group of teenagers that had grown somewhat since my arrival.

"Hi I'm Jessica" the girl said in a fake voice that you might say to a two year old, I didn't like adults who treated children like that.

"Hello I'm Bella, it's very nice to meet you" I said hold my hand out so she could shake it, I did this people like her, acted to smart so they treat me a little better. She slowly reached her hand forward and clasped it around mine, her face in utter shock. I ungrasped her hand and turned to Angela who was smiling at me a real one not the artifial crap that Jessica managed to cough up.