The Epilogue

Two Months Later
-Albus-
"He's alive." I look up from my homework at Cassandra Gaunt, a girl in my Potions class.
"H-he's..."
"Alive." She finishes, cracking a smile.
"You're not..."
"I'm telling the truth. Now, go." I jump up from my seat and run to the Hospital Wing. Cassandra wasn't lying. There he is, laying in a bed. He looks exhausted, but I run to him anyway.
"Albus!" He exclaims. I pull him into a a tight hug. Tears rush down my face.
"Don't ever do that again.
"Do what?"
"Die."
"Well, I'm going to if you stop collapsing my lungs." He laughs. I let go of him.
"How long until he can leave?" I ask Madame Pomfrey.
"He'll need about a week to finish his recovery."
"I'm visiting every day." I tell him.
"Fine by me. How long was I out?"
"Two months."
"Oh, Merlin..."
"I've got to get to class." I kiss him lightly. "I love you."
"Love you too."
"And don't die!" I call over my shoulder.
"No promises!" He laughs.
3 Years Later
-Scorpius-
"This place is perfect." I murmur, taking in the surroundings. The placid lake, the autumn leaves, the wooden bridge. And on top of it all, I'm with Albus.
"Not as perfect as you." He tells me.
"What are we doing here, anyway?"
"I haven't gotten to see you in a while, that's all."
"And...?"
"And I have a question."
"Anything."
"Scorpius Malfoy..." Albus gets down on one knee and pulls out a small box. My eyes fill with tears.
"Albus, what are you doing...?"
"You're the love of my life. I want to be with you forever." He smiles up at me. "So...will you marry me?" He flips the box open, revealing a golden ring. It's simple, but beautiful.
"Albus...I don't know what to say." Albus looks defeated. "Which is why I'm saying yes." His eyes widen.
"You're terrible, Malfoy. You know that?" He gives me a kiss.
"That's why you love me."
"Of course."

The End

-------------------------------------------------------
And the curtain closes.

I want to thank everyone for all the support you've given. I've never gotten this many reads before! I love each and every one of you. Thank you so much for everything you've done.

Love,
CEC