The notes

Molly took pleasure in the cold air that wrapped itself around her face. It was so cold that she could see her breath in front of her. The clock on the town hall chimed loudly. She counted the chimes as they rang. It was 11:00pm. It took her 10 minutes to get home from Arkham. As soon as she got home, she flopped down on her bed and called Bruce. It went straight to voicemail, so she left a message.

"Hey, I just called to let you know I got home safe. Um talk to you soon, bye."

She ran her hand through her hair and got undressed to go for a shower. This was when she saw the piece of paper peeking out from one of the pockets in her coat. She walked over and took out the note, it had her name on the front in beautiful writing. Inside was a message.

'You bring me back to life'

'You bring me back to life?' she thought. 'Weird'

There was no name on the note, which made it more confusing. She shrugged it off and went for her shower. After her shower she cuddled up in bed and went to sleep.

The man stroked her face as he leaned over her menacingly. "please..." She whispered tears forming in her eyes. He grabbed a lock of her hair and put it behind her ear. He raised his gun and BANG!

Molly woke up in a cold sweat gasping for air. She pried at her throat as if someone had their hand around it. She hadn't had one of those dreams in a while. She got up breathing heavily, and made her way to the kitchen to get a glass of water. Leaning against the counter, her head in her hands, she started to sob. Molly couldn't get back to sleep so she stared at the ceiling until her alarm went off at 6:30.

She dragged herself out of bed and got ready for work, she grabbed a cereal bar and made her way to the asylum.

Molly had been awake since 2am so she looked a mess. There were purple bags under her eyes and she was paler than usual. The fact that she hadn't bothered to put any makeup on made her appearance look haggard.

People noticed as she was normally chirpy and smiling, but not today.
Today she was walking slumped over, her lips set in a straight line. No smile to be seen. That dream had set her on edge.

Her day went by slowly, all she could think about was that dream.
When she finally got home she checked her phone and realised she had a missed call from Bruce. She called him back and hoped that he would answer this time.

B: Hello?
M: Hey Bruce, it's me.
B: I'm sorry I missed your call last night, I was tending to something that caught my attention.
M: No problem, are you doing anything right now?
B: No, why what's wrong? You sound tired.
M: I am, very, I need a drink. Do you wanna meet at that bar on Stanley street?
B: Yeah, I'll be there in 10.
M: Okay, see you soon.

The call ended and Molly got ready to go out, she decided on wearing some black jeans and a red button up top with some black boots. She tried to hide the bags under her eyes with makeup, but she couldn't conceal them so she just wiped it off and let them be.

She got to the bar and saw Bruce at the bar ordering some drinks. She walked up and sat on the stool next to him.

"Hey" she said, in a monotone voice.

"Hey" he said handing her a drink. "Gin and tonic for the lady" he playfully replied. She smiled and took a sip.
After a they finished their drinks, they ordered a round of shots, Molly closed her eyes as she felt the tequila leave a burning sensation in her throat as she swallowed. They ordered round after round after round and both of them could feel themselves getting drunk.
Bruce turned to Molly and hiccuped.