Chapter Sixteen: The Return

Start from the beginning

"How can a man that is locked behind bars with a restraining order from you still be in your memories? Hugo is the reason why you refused to move on properly. He's psychologically blinding you Dominique."

She still kept mute on the phone, a teardrop rolling down her cheek.

"Dom, are you still there?"

She sniffed. "Yeah I am. I'm hearing you. Loud and clear."

"Please don't do this again Dom. Don't cry over that bastard!"

"I thought he would be the perfect father for my kids." Dom cleaned the tear running down her face and touched her neck where the scar of the knife was, bringing back worse memories. "Every child he killed. Every single one...every...single...."

"Dom stop! Look I will call you back later, okay? You're not in the right state of mind to talk. I have a...date to prepare for."

And immediately, Dom's tears seized. "Did you just say date?"

"I'll explain everything later. Look sis, I love you. Mikey loves you. We love you and we're here for you okay? Once you come back from your trip, I'll bake up a special surprise treat for you. Love you."

"Love you too." And she hung up the phone.

Just as she was about to get up and get ready, a surprising face looked right at her.

"Who killed who?" Santiago asked in a quiet and much worried tune of voice.

Dom froze, not knowing what to say. He heard everything?

********************

Deep in the outskirts of the city lies a dark, tall building. Holding the cities worst set of criminals, murderers, the innocent who were framed and masterminds. Police officers and prison wardens were everywhere, guarding the building with full alert. Noises coming from inside the prison where either men fighting, breaking bottles or literally killing themselves. The only place where the truly belonged.

The prison yard was large, could have taken up half a stadium. Men in orange and grey jumpsuits were busy breaking rocks, digging holes and cutting grass as punishment to keep the surroundings clean. A fight had already broken out between one of the largest, scariest and most built prisoner who had on a grey milky colored uniform which signified life sentence, and a scrawny looking man who had a running temper wearing an orange jumpsuit. They had already gathered around cheering, jeering and trying to separate them before the wardens came in.

A black colored, clean taxi drove in. They went through security and did all procedures before making their visit to see a prisoner. She got down from the car, in her red, Versace stilettos and sashayed into the building and towards where the wardens were seated to send for whom she had come to see. They did a search on her, so she was forced to open up her black velvet clutch purse and keep away her expensive jewelry. The middle aged male warden looked at the extravagant woman and cocked an eyebrow, wondering what a lady like her would be doing here.

"Good afternoon, miss. And who have you come to visit today?"

Her ruby red lipstick painted lips uttered, "Julio Sanchez." In her natural, husky like voice.