In love with him

It had been two weeks since Jake had crashed his car, so I've been driving him too and from school, i quite liked the company of someone other then Ella, shes my best friend and all but all she ever spoke about was her boyfriend Mat.

it was now Friday and i was waiting for the knock on the door. while singing and dancing around the kitchen bar too 'Jessie J, thunder' i was singing loud 'you feel like thunder in the sky...' there was the knock. i blushed while opening the door to him smiling.

"you ready to drive your neighbor to school." he said sarcastically

"as ever." I laughed

i noticed we had got closer the past two weeks, before we just made small talk when our parents came together for dinner or a party. i have always had some sort of feelings for Jake but i never acted on them obviously because he has a girlfriend. we climbed out the car and made it into school just in time for the bell, we went our separate ways, i was walking down the  corridor to my lesson when i felt someones hand on my shoulder i swung round to see Ethan.

"Ethan?"

"hey Sophie, thought i would walk you to your lesson, not a problem is it?"

"erm, no! can i ask you why."

"because i can." he said while smirking

as i sat down in math, i couldn't get the uneasy feeling people were staring out of my mind

"as if Ethan walked her to class"... one girl said

"shes been sniffing around Jake for a while" another blurted out

"shes not even that pretty" someone tried to whisper

"shes a nobody" one girl stabbed me with her piercing words

i hated the fact that people spoke nastily of me, i wasn't mean to them so why were they being so judgmental, i couldn't take the snickering anymore i grabbed my things and ran out of the room.

i couldn't stop my tears from falling as i ran towards the door i ran into Jake who looked like he needed to punch someone or something, i turned away so he couldn't see me crying.

"Sophie." he tried standing in front of me but i kept turning away "whats the matter?" he sounded concerned, i put my head in my hands and cried, i had never heard people saying mean things about me before apart from my brother but i knew he didn't mean them. i didn't know it would hurt this much as i sobbed i felt him enfold his arms around me.

The bell rang and people came flying out of their lessons, that was when I realised I needed to back away from his hold because people will think something was happening between us, I tried to move but he never let go, when Jake finally let me out of his hold most of the student body was watching us whispering to each other.

just when I noticed Lisa standing watching us Jake grabbed my hand and pulled me out into the fresh air, I took in big gulps of air into my lungs it felt so good, I felt the need to giggle.

"Mr Linfield, Miss Evans where do you think your going?" Mrs small had her big green eyes on us

"just getting some air." Jake snapped

I looked down he still had hold of my hand, when Mrs small turned for a second we scarpered to my car. we laughed so hard.

"drive, drive, drive." Jake repeated while looking in the mirror to see Mrs small and Mr Clark running towards my car. I turned my engine on then stalled... how embarrassing I smacked my forehead, I tried again and drove onto the main road

when we were in a safe zone I glanced over to see Jake looking at me "what?" I asked

"your eyes are all puffy." he told me

"why did you hug me?" I pushed the question

he stared at me and looked away, not answering me. I decided not to ask him again

"where do you watn to go?" I asked quickly

"your driving Soph, you decide." he said

 As I park at the top of a hill, Jake reaches over to hold my hand he shifts so he's sat looking at me, we sit there just looking at each other for a minute, 5 minutes,10 minutes I'm not sure but I can feel butterflies in my belly creeping up. I realise that I am in fact in love with Jake I didn't know what to say or do, so I reached over a placed my lips on his cheek. 'what i didnt know what else to do im so socially retarded when it comes to things like this.'