The Nightmares

The team where on the jet on the way back from a case in Arizona. The unsub had be murdering young girls between the ages of 13-16 and it had hit everyone pretty hard. Rossi and Hotch where talking about having a 'family' dinner with the team when they get back, which everyone had said yes to, Morgan was listen to music and looking out the window at the world below him. JJ was sat across from Emily resting because she took the case pretty hard and she missed her son Henry a lot. Emily was daydreaming, and Reid was asleep on the couch. Emily was snapped out of the daydream by a loud shout, "NO, DON'T HURT HER TAKE ME INSTEAD!".
Looking for the source of the shout Emily stood up and saw Reid turning in his sleep. "DOYLE LEAVE HER ALO- WHAT ARE YOU DOING NO STOP PLEASE!". Emily's heart dropped hearing Reid scream his name. She knew his was having a nightmare and her and Ian Doyle, he had nearly killed her and she had to fake her own death and hide from the team for 7 months and had only been back a month and a half but she thought things had finally gone back to normal. She walked up to the couch and tried to wake Reid up "Reid wake up... Come on Reid wake up...".
She was unsuccessful Reid let out another shout. "EMILY...". Emily climbed on the couch so her face was over Reid's and shouted "REID WAKE UP". Reid awoke from his nightmare. Emily let out a sigh and relaxed so she was sitting on his lap with one hand on the back of the couch for balance and one on the four leaf clover scar on her chest. Reid final spoke. "Emily you're ok." He breathed a sigh of relief. "I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine..." She repeated more to herself then to Reid. Reid had never seen Emily cry so this was a rare sight for him, to see the strongest person he new with warm tears running down her face. Using one hand he grabbed hold of her hand that was on the couch and using his other hand he pulled her hand from her scar and replaced it with his and in hushed tone he said "You're fine". Emily sank down on his body so her head was in his chest and he wrapped his now free hands around his friends waist. Her arm on his chest holding on to his shirt like her life depended on it. It made her feel safe. Both of them forgetting where they were, Emily lifted her head so there faces where only inches apart, Reid wiped away her tears making a squeaky noise while he did it. She smiled at his silliness. "There's that beautiful smile I know and love" he whispered, but loud enough for everyone to hear. Emily leant forward slightly and so did Reid. There lips pushed against each other's for a gentle yet passionate kiss. There lips only parted when they both needed air. Emily was the first to speak "Wow I-I-" she was cut of by Reid "I love you Emily Prentiss". Emily kissed his cheek "And I love you Spencer Reid". Both of them removed my the moment by Morgan giving the new couple a wolf whistle and Garcia -how had been called so she could she what Emily and Reid where doing- saying "About time you two said the 'L word'. Emily looked at Garcia "What do you mean Garcia?" The brunette asked with a look of confusion on her face. "Oh come on Em... You think I don't notice these things they way you stare at him or when Hotch pairs you up that you go bright red." JJ tacked on "She has a point Em every time we go to the bar you will flirt with the guys maybe even a kiss or two but the minute a guy wants you he is suddenly not you're type." The brunette looked and her blonde friends then and the man in question. Reid. "So Reid what do you say do you think we could work". He smiled and said "I think Emily Reid has I nice ring to it don't you". Emily doesn't say anything, at this point Reid had been sitting up with Emily still in his lap, she moves so that she id straddling him and crashes her lips against his pushing him on the couch. She brakes away. "So where are you taking me for dinner when the jet lands?" With this little comment everyone starts to laugh and Emily and Reid's nightmares had turned to dreams and those dreams had become a reality...

Notes~ Hey guys, I just wanted to say this is my first story so if you have any suggestions on who I should pair or anything I need to work on just let me now and also this is going to be a group of one shots based around criminal minds but I will only be using real characters but if you guys have any ideas just comment or whatever so that's it for now...
- El 💙