..:.SEVEN.:.:

in first period the next day josh has to use all his will power not to stare at tyler. i mean, how could someone with too many bruises to count still look so perfect?
josh tries to concentrate, he really does, but it was useless. quietly, josh rips a piece of paper out of the back of his notebook and writes tyler a note.

hey

then folds the paper and slides it over to tyler. tyler raises his eyebrow at josh before slowly unfolding the lined paper. a small smile graces his features as he looks at the word on the paper and josh's heart flutters at the sight. tyler picks up his pen and writes back with the smile still on his face.

hey.

after looking at tyler's beautifully sloppy handwriting for a moment, josh writes back.

i'm bored :/

me too.

do you get any of this?
josh asks, meaning the class they're in.

yeah, do you?
josh scoffs at tyler's reply,

not at all.

i can tutor you some time if you want?
josh smiles at the thought before writing,

sure, my house after school tomorrow?

sure.

..:.:.::.:...:

that night as tyler limps through his basketball game all he can think of is going to josh's house after school tomorrow. what will he tell his parents? will they even approve? probably not.
the whole game tyler thinks about tomorrow and he can't help but feel excited. just the thought of josh's smile causes butterflies to erupt in his stomach and his heart to skip a beat.

even as he walks home tyler can't get the thought of the blue haired boy out of his head, and he's smiling as he opens his front door.
that smile soon fades however when he sees his father on the couch.

"what are you smiling about?" he sneers and tyler's face falls into a fearful grimace.
"n-nothing."
"that's what I thought," his dad says.
"uh c-can I go over to a friends house after school tomorrow? he needs some help with english and-"
"no," his dad cuts him off.
"but i-"
"i said no!" he yells and tyler flinches.
"c-could he come here then?"
there's a pause and then his father answers with a roll of his eyes
"fine. now leave, I don't want to see you."
tyler nods and rushes up the stairs to his room, locking the door, the thought of josh and him having a perfect day tomorrow ruined.