:.:..THREE:.::.

josh dun is the well known gay kid of columbus high school.
by well known, i mean well hated.
and by columbus high school, i mean a homophobic nightmare.
if even a rumor spreads of someone being gay, they're ridiculed, let alone when it turns out the rumor is true.

josh currently sits in the locker room after school, packing his gym bag.
around his neck sits a locket with a picture of his mother inside, the last picture he took with her before that day.

around the corner comes pete wentz and his friends brendon and joe.
a frown makes its way on to petes face when he sees josh by his gym locker.

"what are you doing here faggot?"

josh doesn't answer and puts the remaining things into his gym bag, he turns around in an attempt to leave quickly, but is pushed against the lockers.

"i think you need to be taught a lesson," pete says.

brendon and joe hold josh down by his arms while pete stands in front of him.

when pete spots the small chain around his neck, he smirks.
"what do we have here?" he asks and reaches for the small rings of gold.
josh struggles to get away, but with a solid punch to the stomach he stops.

pete pulls the locket out from under josh's shirt and opens it with a click.
"aw poor baby keeps a picture of his mommy around his neck. are you really that big of a mama's boy?"

with a swift movement, pete yanks the chain from around his neck and places the locket on the ground.

"no please!" josh begs as he struggles to free himself from brendon and joe, while pete lifts his foot.

a sob escapes josh's throat as pete slams his sneaker clad foot onto the locket. and josh cries more with every repeated stomp pete makes onto the only thing he ever really cared about.

with a final few punches josh is left alone in the locker room on his knees with the broken locket in his hands.

ruined.