Chapter 33

"Are you excited?"Damita asked.

"Yeah. Are you?"Amaru asked.

"I'm very excited. We'll finally know if we're going to have another little princess or a little King."Damita smiled.

"I think if we have another girl, Mari gone be jealous."Amaru laughed.

"She might be. We'll just have to explain to her that we don't love her any less."Damita said.

"When you go back to therapy?"Amaru asked.

"I gotta look on the calendar. I know it's after Amari's birthday though."she said.

"Do you feel better since you've started therapy?"he asked.

"Yes I'm in a good place, we're in a good place and I've never been more in love with you than I am now."she smiled.

"Well I'm glad."he stopped the car.

He got out and opened Damita's door and they walked into Dr.Anderson's office with their hands intertwined.

Her appointments were always at the same time, every month so she just got in and got out.

"Hi Damita. How are you feeling today?"Dr.Anderson asked.

"I'm great, excited."Damita smiled.

"What about you hubby?"Dr.Anderson asked.

"I'm good. What about yourself?"Amaru replied.

"Well I'm glad to hear it. So do you guys have any questions before we start?"she asked.

"Well, with this pregnancy I've been severely nauseous. Especially after sex. Will this be a problem?"Damita asked.

"That's very normal. Drinking tea can help. Also, we have packet outside in the front, that gives information about safe pregnancy positions. That could probably help you out a little."she laughed.

"I have a question too."Amaru laughed.

"Yes Mr.Shakur?"Dr.Anderson laughed. She found it so cute how involved he was with Damita's pregnancy. That was something she didn't see often.

"Well you know, we have sex almost every day. Can that hurt the baby?"he asked.

"Of course not. Have as much sex as you like, long as you're being gentle. Sex makes labor easier, because it softens the cervix."she said.

"Oh word?"his eyes lit up and he licked his lips.

"You always being nasty."Damita laughed.

"Alright. Well let's get started."she laughed.

Damita raised up shirt and Dr.Anderson started to rub the probe around her belly.

"Hmm."Dr.Anderson said.

"I see something that I didn't see at first."Dr.Anderson said.

"What?"Amaru blurted out.

"Well you know last time, when you asked me why your baby had such a big head, well I see why now."she laughed.

"Why?"Damita asked.

"Because there are two babies in here. You're having twins."Dr.Anderson said excitedly.

"Twins?"Damita took a deep breath.

"Will we still be able to see the genders today?"Damita asked.

She moved the probe around a little more, zooming in.

"The baby right here on the left is a boy, you see he's bigger. The one on the right, looks like a girl, but I could be wrong. As your babies grow, I will be able to get a clearer view of the genitals, but you're definitely having twins."she laughed.

"Oh wow."Damita laughed lightly.

"I can't believe we're gonna have twins."Amaru said.

"After this, if you get me pregnant again, I'm going to kill you."Damita got up off of the bed and wiped off her stomach.

"Would you like a copy of your ultrasound today?"Dr.Anderson asked.

"Of course."Damita smiled.

"Will there be a problem, since the second baby is so small?"Damita asked.

"Not at all. She has time to grow, but I recommend that you take two prenatal vitamins everyday instead of one. That they'll both be able to get what they need."she pulled the picture out of the machine.

"Thank you so much. See you next month."she smiled and waved.

"Have a nice day."Dr.Anderson smiled.

"Wanna go shopping for baby clothes?"Amaru asked.

"Yes."Damita clapped excitedly.

They got into the car and drove to this cute little baby boutique.

"How did you find this place?"Damita asked

"I saw it driving one day. You like it?"he asked.

"Yes it's so cute."she smiled.

They walked around the store looking at different things.

"Do you think we should dress them alike?"Damita asked.

"Yeah. It'll be different because we gone be able to tell them apart because we have a boy and a girl."he shrugged.

"Ooh baby look at these."she gasped, picking up two onesies that said "Mommy's Angels". One was pink with blue writing and the the other was blue with pink writing.

"I like those, put them in the basket."he said.

"Ooh shit, look at these."Amaru picked up two Dr.Seuss inspired Thing 1 and Thing 2 onsies.

"That is too cute."Damita laughed.

"Next time, we need bring Amari. So she can get prepared for their arrival."Damita said.

"Yeah I know."Amaru said.

"Ooh let's gets some of those cute little headbands that I used to put on Amari when she was a baby."Damita smiled.

"Alright, we can get the rest of the stuff after Amari's birthday. Did you start planning her party yet?"Amaru asked as they walked up to the counter.

"Her party been done baby. You're late."she laughed.

"Taniyah and I got that done a long time ago."she laughed.

"Oh well, I didn't know."he laughed.

They put all their stuff on the counter and Amaru paid for it.

"What you wanna do now baby?"Amaru asked.

"Lets go get some food. I'm hungry."she sighed.

"I know exactly where we can go."he smiled.

He put all of their bags into the trunk and they got into the car.

He decided to drive in a different direction so that Damita wouldn't notice where they were going.

"Baby where we going?"she asked.

"You'll see mama. Just wait."he rubbed her stomach from the driver's seat.

He was taking the long way on purpose. He wanted her to wonder.

Finally they pulled up to their destination, Pinks.

"Aww baby. We haven't been here in forever."she smiled.

"I know. You used to love this place."he smiled.

"Our first date was here."she teared up. Those pregnancy hormones were hitting her hard today.

"You wanna get out, so we can eat?"Amaru laughed.

"Shut up."she laughed wiping her face.

They got out of the car and ordered their usual. They even sat at their special table in the back.

Just like old times..