Chapter 8

I could barely contain myself. I was standing next to the Russian family with the rest of the Selected behind us. We were waiting for the car that held my family to arrive at the palace.

The week waiting for today went by so slow. I tried to distract myself by working on my project, but they were still on my mind. I helped Viktoria and Karolina with some small details, mostly the Turkish details.

Dimitri smiled at me as he grabbed my hand. I could tell he was probably amused by my behavior, but I didn't mind.

"Their Royal Majesties," The herald announced, and I swear, I almost squealed. "His Majesty, King Abraham Mazur, Her Majesty, Queen Janine Hathaway-Mazur, His Highness, Prince Caleb Mazur, and Her Highness, Princess Kennedy Mazur." My family walked in and I quickly walked over to them and hugged them.

They all held on me tight and talked to me quickly in Turkish asking if I was okay and how I am. After a few minutes, Dimitri walked up to us to introduce himself.

Dimitri bowed to my family and kissed my mother's hand. "Welcome to Russia," He said shaking my father's hand. "Let me introduce you to my family. This is my mother, Queen Olena, my sisters, Princess Karolina, her husband, Lord Alexander Volkov, Princess Sonya, and Princess Viktoria. My nephew Prince Paul, and my nieces Princess Zoya and Princess Natalya." My family greeted each of them and my mother even talked to Olena for a while.

Once my family finished introducing themselves to the Russian family, Dimitri introduced my family to the rest of the Selected. "Princess Natalie Dashkov of America." I felt my temper start up when I saw the look Natalie gave my father. America and Turkey are neutral with each other, why is she like this? "Princess Camille Conta of Australia." For once, it seemed like Camille could dress more conservatively. "Princess Sonya Karp of Austria, Princess Avery Lazar of Italy, and Princess Natasha Ozera of Norway."

My parent's reactions to Tasha were not pleasant. Of course, my entire time with Tasha hasn't been pleasant.

After all the introductions were through, Dimitri showed my parents and siblings to their suites and allowed them to freshen up a little before dinner.

I stayed with them for about 30 minutes until it was time for me to head back to my room to prepare for dinner.

Mia and Jill helped into a long dinner gown I had them leave my hair down and wore light make-up, but enough to leave me looking amazing.

Once I slipped on my heels, I left the room and went to my sister's room. I knocked on the door and slipped in. She was almost done, putting the last few touches on. For an 11-year-old girl, she sure seemed older, especially by the way she holds herself together.

"You look beautiful Rose!" She exclaimed when she saw me and came and gave me a hug. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too kid." I said and took her hand after she was finished. We went over to my parent's suit where Caleb was already waiting for us.

"Always have to be late Rosie." He teased as he walked past me out of the door. I just rolled my eye and pushed him slightly making him laugh.

"Can't we all just get along for just one trip?" My mother sighed and my father took her hand.

"Nope." We all said at once making my mother roll her eyes again. She muttered something under her breath making us laugh even more. One thing we loved to do was annoy Janine.

Dimitri met us in front of the dining room and showed us to our seats. We were right next to the Russian family and it made me slightly happy that the rest of Selected were farther down from the table.