Chapter 1

A/N: This is a story that I co-wrote for one of my friends. She has stopped writing this story so im going to continue it. We got our inspiration for this story after reading The Selection by Kiera Cass. If you haven't read it, you should, it's good! If you haven't, don't worry, you will understand after this.

"Your highness!" I turned around groaning when I heard someone calling for me. Andrew, one of my father's footmen ran up to me. "His majesty wants to see you in his study immediately."

I rolled my eyes and changed my route of course to Abe's study. Wonder what he wants now. Another appearance, more charity work, another ball?

My name is Rosemarie Janine Margaret Hathaway-Mazur, Princess of Turkey, and I have just turned 18 years old. My father is Abraham Mazur, King of Turkey, and my mother is Janine Mazur nee Hathaway, Queen of Turkey formally Princess of Scotland. I am their eldest child of three

I have a younger brother, Caleb Abraham Maxwell Mazur, Crown Prince of Turkey. Caleb is 16 years old and is set to become the future King of Turkey. My younger sister, Kennedy Katherine Janine Mazur, Princess of Turkey, is now 11 years old. She will endure the same thing I will have to, be put into an arrange marriage for allies.

Every country in the world is now run by a monarchy, so it is more important then anything to have allies since a lot of the powerhouses are known to invade smaller countries. Turkey being one of them.

When I got into my father's office, I saw my mother, brother, as well as several other council members. They bowed to me, but it didn't even phase me anymore.

"What do you need old man?" I asked as I sat down in one of the large chair in front of his desk. Caleb rolled his eyes at me while some of the council members looked appalled that I would talk to the King that way. Abe just ignored the comment.

"Rose, this is Aleksandr Bulshakov, the ambassador from Russia." I shook his hand and greeted him.

"Your highness, it is an honor to meet you." He kissed my hand before we turned our attention back to Abe.

"Mr. Bulshakov has informed me that the Crown Prince of Russia, Dimitri, is about ready to take the throne, but in order to do that, he needs a wife." Here it was, here was my arranged marriage. At least, I hope that it was an arrange marriage instead of- "And it has been decided by the Russian government that he shall find a wife through a Selection." I groaned and put my head in my hands.

This was the worst news I could have ever received. When a Prince has reached the age where he decides he will marry, he has two options, find a bride through an arranged marriage or go through a Selection.

A Selection is a competition where 25 different girls, Princesses, from different countries are invited to participate in hopes of becoming the Prince's wife in the end. Almost every King agrees to send his daughter since the Prince that is holding it usually comes from one of the more powerful countries. In the Selection, the Prince will almost be dating all of us at once and as the competition goes on, he will eliminate girls until he is down to the last one.

It has been done several times in the past; it is actually how my mother met my father. When he was 21, he decided he was ready for marriage and held a Selection. My mother was the eldest Princess from Scotland so she came to Turkey, won, and became the Queen of Turkey.

"This is a huge honor Rose," My mother said from her seat. "Russia is becoming the top country in the world and if you were to marry Dimitri, then Turkey will advantage from it greatly." I wanted to object, but Abe knew it was coming.

"Kiz," He said in a fatherly tone. "I know that you are ready for marriage and I think you and Dimitri would be excellent together. Mr. Bulshakov will be escorting you to Russia in one week. You should probably go upstairs and start packing."