Chapter 4

"How does it feel to be part of the Elite?" Luka, a reporter asked me. We were all being interviewed for a broadcast that everyone in Russia would see. The other Selected had gone and I was the last one since we were going by our countries alphabetical order.

I put the polite princess smile on my face to try and get through this. "It feels amazing, just knowing that everyday I could be getting closer to marrying Dimitri." A few people gasped when I called him that instead of 'Prince Dimitri'. I cursed internally at my mistake.

"I am sensing that you are more casual with the Prince?" I looked over at Dimitri who had humor in his eyes and I gave him a little stink eye. Thankfully, Luka didn't pick up on it, but Tasha did.

"We have both gotten to know each other very well these past few months." I said truthfully, well that and I hated titles.

"So do you think odds are in your favor?" All I wanted to do was answer yes but I could hear the old man yelling at me to use my diplomat answer.

"The Prince has six other very qualified Princesses here." I was a bit shocked on how regal my voice was sounding at this minute. A quick look at Dimitri gave me the courage to continue. "While I, like the rest of the Selected, prays that they will be the winner, I know that Russia will be very lucky to have any of these women as their Queen."

It almost felt bitter saying those words thinking about Tasha, Camille, and Avery. But it would look wrong if I left them out. So I just continued, "After spending these past few months here, I can say that I have a new found respect and love for Russia. This is a wonderful and amazing country and I hope that one day, I can become part of Russia." At the end of my speech, everyone in the audience, including Luka, stood up and clapped.

Even Delilah and Natalie clapped for me, but the other Selected stayed in their seat with scowls on their faces. I looked over at Dimitri and saw pride in his eyes. My heart started to flutter just looking at him.

Luka closed up our segment before saying a few more words to viewers before I heard "That's a wrap."

Luke came over to me and held out his hand to shake. "That was an amazing job Princess." Part of me felt happy that he approved of me. "I can see why you are the country's favorite." When he saw my confused face, he continued. "The poles came in today, you lead the other Selected by over 10%. That is incredible, I know you will be a great Queen one day." He shook my hand before leaving me.

I turned around and saw Dimitri standing there smiling down at me. He gave me one of his rare full smiles and collecting me into a hug. Then so suddenly, his lips were at my ear. "Be ready at 10 pm. Wear comfortable clothes." If anyone were looking at us now they would just see us hugging. But as soon as he came, he was gone.

Dimitri walked over to a few other girls and talked to them. Sonya came over and looped her arm through mine as we walked to the Belikova Room. "Your speech was amazing Rose." A rush of pride came through me again knowing I did something well.

"Thanks Sonya." I said once we sat down on the couch facing each other. "Did you ever get a reply back from your sister?"

The other day, Sonya told me that her parents were expecting their 12th child. How they could have that many kids was beyond me. Sonya said though that she loved having so many siblings, there was never a dull day. There was never a dull day having 2 other siblings, but 11? No way.

It was weird to me because so many of these other countries have a lot of children, like reaching double digits high. But in Turkey, it was more common for people to have medium size families.

Sonya was the 2nd eldest in her family, but she was the eldest Princess in Austria. Her brother, Prince Alexander was the crown Prince and had married someone from Canada I believe. Sonya started going on about her entire family, there was Alexander, her, Annaliese, Daniel, Simon, Vienna, Laura, Sarah, Maria, Tobias, and then Franz.